Question Asus Z97-A USB 3.1 - No video out despite numerous tests

Boraes

Honorable
Apr 24, 2014
I had a power surge which killed my mobo (Gigabyte Z97X). So I tested my PSU/Board etc to confirm that it wasn't anything else. I’ve replaced my motherboard with the Asus Z97-A USB 3.1 revision 1.03 motherboard (Ebay).

After initial rebuild with all my parts in I booted the PC and it began to post asking me to set the bios variables etc, (Couldn't see the on board M.2 Drive though, but did pick up some, but not all of of my other drives). The CPU light was flashing red and the temp was high, (84C with 260mm NZXT Cooler), when pressing the button to automatically config the RAM it began without issues. Found that the CPU (i7-4790k) was also fried. So I've replaced that (from Cex)

Now I have fitted the new parts the PC powers up, no warning lights showing, all fans, GPU, and USB ports have power, however there is not video out from the on board gfx or when using my GPU. I also attached a case speaker to listen for the good old beeps and it makes none. (interesting to note that even when powering up with 0 RAM installed there are no beeps)

I have re-seated the CPU several times, no bent pins or damage to CPU. The top left hand 8 pin power lead is plugged in securely as The CPU is supported by this 1008 version without needing to update the bios. I’ve tested each stick of ram (4 x 8gb DDR3 Corsair Vengance 2400mHz) in each ram slot, checked the output from my PSU is working correctly with multi-meter + jump starting the board (1000w so powerful enough), checked all power connections to the MB and still when I power on the machine my monitor registers there’s a cable connection, but just gives me a black display indicating the mb is failing to even POST.

Attempted to reset the bios by using the moving the 2 x pin cover from pins 1,2 to 2,3 as manual explains. Removed and changed bios battery. Tried with the pins setting to both allow and block over clocking found at the top RHS. Tried with EPU/TPU on/off, EZ + XMP as well.

Had the fans all plugged into the mb directly, and into separate fan controller.

Tried to ref-lash the bios and the usb created on a separate machine but it isn’t being detected and won’t update.

I have tried with all HDDs, GPU, PCI cards, cd drives etc connected and stripped it back to have nothing but the barest essentials to power/run the board and post and I get no further.

Please help before I loose what little remains of my sanity.

Nothing I can do yields a video output or any sign that the board is posting. Can you advise further?