Jun 9, 2021
Hello internet, I have a i5-4690K on an ASUS Z97-AR mobo, Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB DDR3 1333 MHz, EVGA 780 SC 3GB, Kingston NV1 500gb NVMe M.2 SSD, Corsair VS550 PSU and a Western Digital 250gb HDD. I have had this problem recently where sometimes under moderate-intensive load (video games, rendering, browsing the internet while on discord) my computer will display the DPS_WATCHDOG_ERROR blue screen and more damaging will sometimes completely kill the PC. On occasion when it kills the PC, I will boot into the bios where it will not read the SSD and I have to reseat it, unplug the cmos battery, wait 15 mins, put everything back in and hope that it reads the SSD. (it is 50/50). What can I do to fix it? I have tried updating the bios of the mobo, ive tried updating the firmware of the SSD (unable to do so) and I have tried taking the WD HDD out. Willing to answer all questions to get to the bottom of this. Thanks!

Solution
That's an extremely power hungry GPU and I would first suspect the PSU and I would swap another one in to confirm.

You may be able to check the voltages in the BIOS although this isn't very good as they aren't under load.
You can also check them with HWInfo.
They need to remain within 5% of +12, +5 and + 3.3.
That's an extremely power hungry GPU and I would first suspect the PSU and I would swap another one in to confirm.

You may be able to check the voltages in the BIOS although this isn't very good as they aren't under load.
You can also check them with HWInfo.
They need to remain within 5% of +12, +5 and + 3.3.

Solution