Question ASUS Z97-Deluxe Q code 00

Oct 21, 2020
Hello, I recently had my motherboard go out on a machine and decided to switch PSU to test. To no avail I bought another board to test the PSU since I returned the new one as it never fixed my problem.

Now originally the ASUA motherboard was used in a different build that continued to show a 00 code and CPU_LED would come on and stay on and would not POST.

Currently have an i7-4790 inside of the ASUS Z97 Deluxe powered by an EVGA 850 GQ.

When I boot the PC I receive a 00 code and the machine lights up the CPU_LED, while I had the machine set up originally, the CPU_LED stood on but after swapping, THE CPU_LED turns off but continues to show a 00 code. After about 30 seconds the machine shuts off.

I’m testing the machine outside of the case with one sick of RAM. Is there any way to flash bios without using another PC?

Oct 21, 2020
So you tested your motherboard using a new PSU?
And you bought another motherboard and it's not working?
Have you tried both PSUs on the new motherboard?

Have you examined your CPU? See https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?101472-How-to-fix-CPU-CODE-00#:~:text=There are other things that,one of your other pc's.

ive tested two power supplies, two CPU’s, and two different RAM on the motherboard as of today. I’ve sure at this point my motherboard is fried and out of warranty. Unless I can reset BIOS manually then I’ve tried everything I could. Thank you for your help.

SteveRX4

Notable
BANNED
Sep 29, 2020
Yeah; especially if you've tried 2 CPUs.
Do you think it's time for a new CPU, motherboard and ram?
That's what I did when I had problems with my X79 stuff and couldn't get new motherboards any more.

Sass86oh

Prominent
Jun 18, 2020
Hello, I recently had my motherboard go out on a machine and decided to switch PSU to test. To no avail I bought another board to test the PSU since I returned the new one as it never fixed my problem.

Now originally the ASUA motherboard was used in a different build that continued to show a 00 code and CPU_LED would come on and stay on and would not POST.

Currently have an i7-4790 inside of the ASUS Z97 Deluxe powered by an EVGA 850 GQ.

When I boot the PC I receive a 00 code and the machine lights up the CPU_LED, while I had the machine set up originally, the CPU_LED stood on but after swapping, THE CPU_LED turns off but continues to show a 00 code. After about 30 seconds the machine shuts off.

I’m testing the machine outside of the case with one sick of RAM. Is there any way to flash bios without using another PC?
I love Asus boards but they can be a bit strange when it comes to the memory modules and proper posting. I often see people Discuss how they bought a board and it wouldn’t work properly or it wouldn’t post following putting it together and 99% of the time the issue was because the CPU was either dropped in or slightly moved in such a way that some pen under it is not properly aligned the way it should be and what’s happening is the memory modules will fail with all different types of scenarios. It may be that the system will only post with one module or certain modules in certain slots only, Or something along those lines. Anytime you have a situation where your system isn’t posting or the codes don’t appear in the manual It’s almost always a problem with how the CPU is sitting in the slot take it out and reseat it. You can get yourself some 99% isopropyl alcohol and lightly clean out the CPU pens by brushing very delicately with a very soft brush almost like a woman’s make up brush and you want to go in a direction so that it doesn’t pull against the pens but instead almost like you’re combing them back into place. Most CPU slots have pens going in two separate directions so you just got a look at them and how the light falls and then make sure that you were going with the direction they are pointing in and all you’re doing is slightly trying to get all the pens to line back up into the places that they were also clean off the bottom of the CPU make sure there’s no thermal paste that’s causing any issues receipt the CPU and then see if it’ll post before you put the fan back on top of it.