baboonlord

Reputable
Feb 19, 2015
Hi! :)

Just assembled a new computer.

Most important pieces:
Mobo: z97 pro wifi ac
Cpu: i7 4790k

And I get error code 13 and then 76 when I try to start it, also no picture on screen.

From reading the forum I understood I needed to update the bios with the flash bios feature.

I did so, everything seems to work as intended, the LED is blinking as it should, many times and then after a minute or so it stops.

However when I start the computer again it still says error 13 and 76.

I tried to see if the LED would blink differently if I named my bios file something stupid and then it did the solid color indicating that installation failed. So i'm fairly certain that it did install something when I use the right naming being:
Z97P.CAP

Do you have any ideas?

- I'm thinking maybe the xxxx.cap name should be different since it's the wifi edition?
- In the example videos I saw, there was no GPU, CPU or anything else connected, but I assumed that it wasn't a problem that I had them connected, installation LED seemed to be right...
- I used this BIOS update: Z97-PRO BIOS 2205 link:
http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Z97PROWiFi_ac/HelpDesk_Download/
Could it be that it isn't the right one to use?

I'm part of the game development team who made the game FORCED and i'll gladly give the problem solver who leads me to fixing the rig - 4 steam keys for FORCED.

Cheers
Steffen

baboonlord

Reputable
Feb 19, 2015

I get exactly the same result, CPU LED is red and I get Qcode 13 and 76.

Can you conclude something based on that?

Thanks

baboonlord

Reputable
Feb 19, 2015

Also I tried another 4790K CPU on the mobo today, as we have a few in the company, but unfortunately we don't have other CPU's to try out.

However it didn't work either :( So i'm pretty sure it's a mobo related issue, what's your thoughts?

baboonlord

Reputable
Feb 19, 2015

Okay I just flash the BIOS again with Z97P.CAP. It blinked repeatedly for 2 around 2 minutes like it's supposed to and seemed to be flashed as described in the manual.
A minute after it stopped blinking I turned it on again.
I unplugged all case pins, HD, memory modules and i'm only using mobo, psu, cpu and cooler as you suggested.
I also removed USB again when I tried booting.

Result is the same 13 - 76 red CPU error..

Here's a picture:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9nShY7olry7aGtUVG1aOGM0VWs/view?usp=sharing

Last try, before deciding that it's a defective motherboard: take the board outside the case, remove the CPU and check the socket for bent pins. If no bent pins, put back the CPU (board still outside the case), install the Intel stock CPU cooler and start the board. If the fan does spin and still red led, I suggest RMA-ing the board.