[SOLVED] ASUS Z97-Pro-Gamer Mobo with AMD RX 5700XT

Aug 19, 2019
SOOOO.. I have been dealing with this issue for a couple weeks now. I have talked to ASUS and AMD numerous times but it doesn't seem like they are sure what is going on. I have tried three different 5700xt's (two XFX and 1 MSI) with this mobo and tested the latest MSI 5700XT on another old (z97 sabertooth - same chipset) mobo and it works on that mobo. I have tried different PCI-E slots, the different computer that it works in, updated my BIOS, and enabled 4G decoding in BIOS. I am at a loss at this point and I feel like I just need to return my GPU because it doesn't seem to be compatible even though according to AMD and PC part picker, it is compatible. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
Z97-Pro-Gamer motherboard
intel i5-4690k
GTX 970 GPU that works in all the PCI-E ports
AMD Radeon RX 5700XT (MSI) The motherboard posts with this GPU and the GPU light/fan turns on
EVGA 850W PSU
ACER monitor with HDMI - DisplayPort (this monitor says input not supported with the 5700xt in the first displayport but no signal in the other displayports)
Dell monitor VGA - HDMI ( just a black screen)

Computer info using HWiNFO64
View: https://imgur.com/Aim4WFW

View: https://imgur.com/ZS4HqcS

Solution
NO. Once the BIOS is updated, it will remain updated to that version, regardless of whether you clear the CMOS settings or not, IMO. I'm NOT sure why the new GPU is not working on your MOBO though.
When you install the RX 5700XT on your new GPU, is there any display on the Monitor ? Can you see the BIOS POST screen, or the display is totally blank/black ? Is there any 'no signal' message as well ?

Have you tried clearing/resetting the CMOS/BIOS settings to default values ?

Aug 19, 2019
When you install the RX 5700XT on your new GPU, is there any display on the Monitor ? Can you see the BIOS POST screen, or the display is totally blank/black ? Is there any 'no signal' message as well ?

Have you tried clearing/resetting the CMOS/BIOS settings to default values ?

I get a black screen on one monitor and no signal or input no supported on the other monitor. I do not see anything at all with the new 5700xt GPU. I have not tried resetting the CMOS as I just updated my bios, wouldn't that defeat the purpose?