Question Asus z97 Sabertooth mark I

flipper666

Honorable
Jun 23, 2015
I build a computer to use a audio recording and production with this motherboard. My home flooded and when the insurance company dried the house they used equipment that heated up the house to 105 degrees. After this, my computer did not work. I took it to Microcenter for a diagnostic. They said they couldn't test the processor but they said that they thought it was a motherboard failure. The computer started and the fans came on but it wouldn't detect the monitors. I tried cleaning the ram and using different monitors...nothing worked. I am looking for a compatible mother board that uses ddr3 ram.

My question is...How can I be sure it is the motherboard? The ram and power supply have been tested...Also what is a compatible motherboard that I could get (even refurbished and it doesn't matter about the brand) that would create a really stable system for audio production use DDR3 ram (32 gigs) and allow me to use the z97 socket.

Thanks for your help. This site actually helped me to build the computer in the first place...it has been the most stable system I have ever used to record and produce music.

Your help is appreciated,
Philip