Asus z97i plus stuck at Asus boot logo before bios

Moon_Rock

Honorable
Mar 15, 2014
I just built a system and it ran good for afew day but I went to reset it after Minecraft froze and now it wont go past the Asus boot logo. Please help. I removed the cmos battery and tried multiple times at resetting it.

Solution
You did unplug the PSU wall cable and held start button before that battery exercise?

Hanging boot meens one or more components arent responding (less its corrupt bios). GPU, RAM, HDD's, CPU. Even in some cases you still need a ps2 keyboard connected (older comps).

Anyways take out all the ram, and if you have a spare GPU try that with one RAM stick at the time. If you have more than one HDD, also try them one at the time.

Moon_Rock

Honorable
Mar 15, 2014

the battery goes in vertical and when i start it the fans spin to 100%(like normal) then slow down to what i set them to, then the logo pops up and for 5 seconds i can press the led on/off but if i try pressing DEL or F2 it freezes instantly

SortNVF

Reputable
Mar 3, 2015
You did unplug the PSU wall cable and held start button before that battery exercise?

Hanging boot meens one or more components arent responding (less its corrupt bios). GPU, RAM, HDD's, CPU. Even in some cases you still need a ps2 keyboard connected (older comps).

Anyways take out all the ram, and if you have a spare GPU try that with one RAM stick at the time. If you have more than one HDD, also try them one at the time.

Solution

Moon_Rock

Honorable
Mar 15, 2014

sorry it took so long, i disassembled the whole thing and put it back together, it works great now thankyou