Review Asus ZenBook 13 (11th Gen) Review: Tiger Lake’s Impressive Debut

whatisupthere

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2010
"And while Ryzen 4000 series mobile CPUs do still beat it on price, they aren’t quite as strong."
I disagree with this statement.
The results would have been different if this was compared to a laptop with a 4800u chip. Yoga slim 7 for example scored 6,669 in geekbench based on tomshardwares own benchmark. Seems like this review is making a very unfair comparison when the AMD comparison laptop is a budget 650$ model.

Yeah, the Acer Swift 3 does not belong in this group; it is a budget laptop trying to provide higher performance at a rock-bottom price. The other laptops are premium models and their prices and feature lists reflect that.

I really don't understand the reasoning involved; sure the Swift 3 is similar in screen size and has a comparable processor, but nobody willing to drop more than a thousand dollars on a premium laptop with a beautiful screen and great material quality is going to cross shop the other three models with a $650 Swift 3, good CPU or not.

Giroro

Splendid
No headphones-out also means no microphone-in.
That's a pretty big oversight since video chat seems to be the primary use case for most people with a laptop right now. They'll never be as portable or as convenient as a phone, so I wish they would stop chasing those negative design trends.
Granted, $1000 for a premium ultrabook is somehow way cheaper than what companies want to charge for a premium phone right now.
I like that the tried to provide a numpad solution, I like that they at least included a cheap Ethernet dongle, even though I really wish it was built in. I often use a laptop to reduce points of failure in troubleshooting my home network, and I don't want to have to wonder if a dongle is the problem. But, at least RJ-45 Ethernet has the excuse of being a much bigger connector than audio. They could have included something much more functional like a dongle that also has a usb hub with the Ethernet.
I like that this ultrabook found space for pg up/pg dn. I'm venting, because the lack of those buttons and Ethernet are probably the primary reason I didn't buy a zephyrus G14 last weekend. Now I have to examine if I even need to buy a modern laptop at all when my decade-old 15" HP included the entire keyboard, many other ports, and is currently the only DVD player I have access to.
And the answer is yes, I need one today in this hotel room- not in several weeks when I have an address where I can ship an overpriced docking station and the gross tangled USB mess of how you apparently have to buy "the rest of the laptop".

cyrusfox

Distinguished
No headphones-out also means no microphone-in.
Agreed lame that they skipped out on this, but every usb c dock and thunderbolt dock I have does have that, as well as work likes to give USB headsets out now for some strange reason. They are becoming less relevant. No headphones on the go other than bluetooth or multi dongle. First tiger lake review, and Tom's needs to up there laptop review game, but they have never been very good at laptop reviews...