Question Asus ZenBook-13-UX331UA connected to Monitor 1 HP E24d G4 FHD Advanced Docking & Monitor 2 Benq GW2780

Feb 12, 2021
Hi everyone,

I really need help on this one:

My Asus ZenBook-13-UX331UA has to be connected to this Monitor HP E24d G4 FHD Advanced Docking (I didn't choose it unfortunately, it was mandatory at my job) & BenQ GW2780 (my usual monitor).
My Intel HD Graphics 620 is able to simultaneously support three independent monitors running at 60Hz. It shouldn't be a problem on this side but the connector technology is driving me crazy:
The connection between Benq and my Asus has always worked accordingly. But now that I'm trying to use the Docking HP in the middle it's a nightmare: I'm barely able to connect the HP monitor through HDMI and have a mirroring image on my BenQ. Let alone use sound and webcam on the HP monitor: not working. I guess the problem is that my Asus should be connected to the HP monitor only through Displayport which is missing on the laptop ! o_O:eek:😢

Asus = 1 HDMI + 1 USB-C (not DP as far as I can see) + 1 USB-A
Monitor HP = 1 DisplayPort™ 1.2-out + 1 USB Type-C™ (downstream) + 1 DisplayPort™ 1.2
Monitor BenQ = 1 DisplayPort (v1.2) + 1 VGA + HDMI (v1.4)

What should I do :
  • buy a docking station for my Asus with the ability to connect 2 monitors? If so, have you any recommendations for my Asus ? Dell Docking station D6000? i-tec USB-C 4K Triple Dock 85W? Or ASUS HZ-3A?
  • simply an adapter from Display port male to HDMI female and everything should be fine? StarTech HDMI TO DP 1.2 ADAPTER - 4K ? InLine DisplayPort to HDMI Converter Cable?
Thank you sooooooo much in advance !

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS