ASUS ZenBook won't recognize external DVD-drive in BIOS

Status
Not open for further replies.

WilliamBlake

Prominent
Mar 23, 2017
Hello everybody,

my ZenBook was getting repaired and they re-installed windows 8.1 (which was originally installed first, but then i installed win10). Now I want to restore a sytem image (with Win10) with the windows recovery disc, and my ZenBook doesn't have an internal DVD drive, so I bought an external USB-DVD-drive. The problem is, it won't show up in the boot section of the BIOS. There is only one available option, "Windows Boot Manager". When I try to add a new option, it only shows my internal hard drive filesystem. "Launch EFI Shell from filesystem device" just prints out "Not Found"

I already disabled fast boot, enabled CSM and updated the BIOS to its latest version.
I really don't now what else i could do now.

WilliamBlake

Prominent
Mar 23, 2017
Okay, I tried 3 different cables now, still the same, I also tried all ports. The DVD drive lights upt on startup and i can clearly hear it spinning. Unplugging and Replugging also doesn't change anything.
How do i clear the CMOS?

And i recognized something else; when i start the "easy flash" utility in the BIOS, it shows the DVD in the filesystem, if it helps anyone

WilliamBlake

Prominent
Mar 23, 2017
Could be the drive, but it does get recognized by windows, and also by my other PC, so i don't think the problem is there. I just tried a USB flash drive, and it also doesn't get recognized

Status
Not open for further replies.