Asus Zephyrus G14 Fans Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

brotherwhoneedshelp

Commendable
Nov 2, 2018
System:
Asus Zephyrus G14 (GA401IU.218), running Windows 10 Home.

Problem:
I have troubles with the fans - some times when I boot in to Windows the fans goes full blast (talking about 7000 rpm on the CPU and above 6000 rpm on the GPU) while the temperature is stable under 25 c. No matter which mode I set it to in Armoury Crate (silent, aggressive or Windows) it will continue this behavior until I completely shut it down and boot it again.

What have I tried:
  • reinstalling Armoury Crate service and the app - didn't make a difference.
  • installing different versions of Armoury Crate.
  • changing power profiles.
  • Event Viewer indicaing and error "Timeout (30000 milliseconds) expected event response from ArmouryCrateService."
Some notes to consider:
  • this issue only appears after some period in the shut down state (hours) and then boot up in to Windows.
  • some times it happens few seconds after Windows boot up, some times it takes more.
  • everything is up to date (OS, bios, etc.)
  • this issue first appeared few months ago (the laptop is about six months old).
The very last thing I want to try is RMA it, and second last is clean reinstall Windows.

EDIT: Apparently with some Asus laptops there is some sort of ongoing software issue that triggers thermal throttling procedure when the temperatures of the laptops are below 20-30 c upon boot up. Tested the theory by warming up the laptop with a hair dryer and the issue did not appear. Then tested it again by putting it next to my open window and booting it up - the issue appeared.

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2021
I'm also having the same issue with my g14 randomly the cpu fan throttles to maximum and armoury crate showing 0 rpm during fan running in max speed. GA401IH(bios version 211).

Jan 20, 2021
System:

Problem:
I have troubles with the fans - some times when I boot in to Windows the fans goes full blast (talking about 7000 rpm on the CPU and above 6000 rpm on the GPU) while the temperature is stable under 25 c. No matter which mode I set it to in Armoury Crate (silent, aggressive or Windows) it will continue this behavior until I completely shut it down and boot it again.

What have I tried:
  • Event Viewer indicaing and error "Timeout (30000 milliseconds) expected event response from ArmouryCrateService."
Some notes to consider:
  • this issue only appears after some period in the shut down state (hours) and then boot up in to Windows.
  • some times it happens few seconds after Windows boot up, some times it takes more.
  • this issue first appeared few months ago (the laptop is about six months old).
The very last thing I want to try is RMA it, and second last is clean reinstall Windows.

EDIT: Apparently with some Asus laptops there is some sort of ongoing software issue that triggers thermal throttling procedure when the temperatures of the laptops are below 20-30 c upon boot up. Tested the theory by warming up the laptop with a hair dryer and the issue did not appear. Then tested it again by putting it next to my open window and booting it up - the issue appeared.
System:

Problem:

What have I tried:
Some notes to consider:

I'm also having the same issue with my g14 randomly the cpu fan throttles to maximum and armoury crate showing 0 rpm during fan running in max speed. GA401IH(bios version 211).

Status
Not open for further replies.