Question Asus Zephyrus G14 select gpu

G14

Dec 12, 2020
I got Asus Zephyrus G14 and im happy with it. Except that I cant choose what program will use what GPU. I tried setting it for a specific application (UserBenchmark) in Nvidia Control Panel, Windows "Graphics performance preference" and it still uses integrated GPU :/ Does anyone know how to force a specific program to run with Nvidia GPU?

G14

Dec 12, 2020
I already tried, also didnt help. I found out that when I set Nvidia for specific INSTALLED program in Graphics Performance Preference it works... But not for run-only programs like UserBenchMark :/

tris00

Honorable
Jan 8, 2014
I don't know how to effectively solve the issue with run only programs. It should do it automatically but with run only programs I don't think it does.
I can only suggest a workaround.
Generally with these laptops the laptop only uses the onboard graphics on its own screen. If you attach a monitor by hdmi or displayport it should use the dedicated gpu instead.

This might work if your trying to run userBenchMark only once but it isn't a sollution in any way.

G14

Dec 12, 2020
I don't know how to effectively solve the issue with run only programs. It should do it automatically but with run only programs I don't think it does.
I can only suggest a workaround.
Generally with these laptops the laptop only uses the onboard graphics on its own screen. If you attach a monitor by hdmi or displayport it should use the dedicated gpu instead.

This might work if your trying to run userBenchMark only once but it isn't a sollution in any way.

That sucks :/ Idk why they removed the option to right-click a program and select which graphical processor you want to use :/ Anyway thanks for the info, Ill try the external monitor workaround :)

tris00

Honorable
Jan 8, 2014
That sucks :/ Idk why they removed the option to right-click a program and select which graphical processor you want to use :/ Anyway thanks for the info, Ill try the external monitor workaround :)
Sorry I couldn't be of more help. I hope the workaround works for you.

TRENDING THREADS