PaulosK

Reputable
May 25, 2019
Does anyone know how to reformat at an asus eeepc 1101ha? I ve tried F9, it doesnt work. In the manual it says something about recovery partition, since it doesnt have cd to install windows. There is no option to disable bootloader in the BIOS.

I ve tried F9, it doesnt work.
Did your laptop still have the recovery partition? If it does have, the F9 key feature ( using recovery partition) will work. If there is not partition in the HDD, that feature will not work.

Also if you use either win7 or win10, you can download the OS from microsoft to make a bootable USB or DVD/CD, and reinstall the OS.

And can you tell us why you need to reset the laptop?

PaulosK

Reputable
May 25, 2019
Did your laptop still have the recovery partition? If it does have, the F9 key feature ( using recovery partition) will work. If there is not partition in the HDD, that feature will not work.

Also if you use either win7 or win10, you can download the OS from microsoft to make a bootable USB or DVD/CD, and reinstall the OS.

And can you tell us why you need to reset the laptop?
Can i still download win 7 without paying?
I ll update it to 2 gb ram and ssd, but before doing this i wanted to wipe out any viruses, so when i cloned the os to the new drive, it wouldnt have the issues it had before, thanks to my past self trust to pirate bay.
I ll use it for web browsing. If i can install win 7/10 i ll play half life and cs.