Question Asuspro UEFI/BIOS

Sep 16, 2022
Hello, Ive been struggling for like 3 hours straight to understand something but there is no way. I just bought Asuspro P3540 and Ive seen people got Asus Utility EZ Mode thing instead of old-only keyboard Bios with almost no options. I wanna use that Asus Mode, I have updated it to lastest version from asus site with FAT32 USB but it still boots into old stylish bios. I am on GPT and under sysinfo - its written that I am on UEFI. I am on win 11, image downloaded from microsoft site, through rufus - gtp and uefi options selected.. Please help me

Colif

Win 11 Master
Last edited:
Sep 16, 2022
Ive seen people on youtube using Asus UEFI Utility EZ Mode, In my usermanual, part when booting into Uefi, its Asus Utility not Aptio. I dont even have option on Aptio BIOS to change mode between Legacy/UEFI. After hours of reading Im getting confused more and more. If somebody had laptop with old stylish bios, and then updated/changed some stuff and got Modern looking uefi, please help me do the same. My motherboard supports both. I even have drivers on Asus website for both BIOS and Asus Efi Utility EZ Mode.

ASUSPRO P3540 | Compact and stamina-packed for business It is 3th from thebottom. English usermanual
FB Variant
Yeah I know that Legacy BIOS cant work with GPT yet why my UEFI Doesnt look like Asus EZ Mode, even tho usermanual shows Asus Utility, people on youtube got it as well. Im on old stylish, only keyboard working Aptio thing with almost no options..

Last edited:

Colif

Win 11 Master
They 2 different BIOS. AFAIK the Aptio one always looks the same (Blue) whereas the Asus one has animations etc. Probably made by 2 different BIOS makers. I am not sure who makes Aptio.

You manual should match what is on PC, so I would contact Asus as something weird going on there.

There shouldn't be a difference for the drivers. All the drivers should work , none are specific to legacy or UEFI - https://www.asus.com/supportonly/P3540FB/HelpDesk_Download/ (or do you mean win 10)

Last edited:

Colif

Win 11 Master
I know you should have a different BIOS, I just don't know why the manual says one thing and BIOS shows another.
I can see that Asus Pro Laptops have used Aptio Utility before.
Only Asus can tell you why its different.

If its a big enough problem, I would return laptop and ask them to show you bios that matches the manual