Asus's Pascal Laptops To Feature SLI GTX 1080s, Water Cooling Docks

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClashofClans0580

Commendable
Aug 2, 2016
Its not for you then Lugi. This is for extreme gamers, and extreme enthusiast. Notice the word EXTREME, and not "High". This is for people that are looking for the latest and the greatest with complete disregard for costs.

What you just said would also criticize Ferrari, and Lamborghini. But remember, those cars are for......Yup you guessed it, the types of people I previously mentioned above. To you, car makers like Lamborghini and laptops like MSI GT83, and Asus GX800 will never make any sense, because you take price/performance per dollar into consideration. Therefore this is automatically not for you.

PS. Don't go to Dubai, you will feel out of place there too as many things are not practical at their price points...so stay in your market segment, leave mine alone.

naturesninja

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2013
I think his point was that they are overpriced, not that they are expensive. Ferrari and Lamborghini are expensive, not overpriced. See the difference? Your comparison makes no sense. These aren't for people with complete disregard for cost, they are for people with complete disregard for intelligence. You obviously don't know what you are talking about, so I will assume you fall into the latter category. Dubai? Haha. Okay then, I have a bottle of water to sell you. It's only $25k, but it's extreme.

RagnarokXIV

Commendable
Aug 17, 2016
Says the user "Clash of Clans". I wonder how much clash of clans gaming you can get done on a $7,000 Laptop! Mr. Extreme Lamborghini Dubai name dropper here. You can get a more "Extreme" Watercooled, 64GB Ram System with two GTX 1080Ti's in SLI for like $2500. Ultimate douchebaggery from you, sir.

_MOJO_

Honorable
Jan 30, 2014
LOLZ! These companies building these "Extreme" laptops at those prices are insane. I wish I had the extra disposable income to drop on some of these configurations . At the end of the day, I just game from home where my connection, rig, and comfort all surpass the practical application of one of these laptops.

I get it though- this marketing comes right at a time when school is starting. College kids would really benefit from the portability of this PC. But the prices are outrageous in terms of price/performance..

PCL739UHG

Commendable
Aug 19, 2016
The Thing is its just isnt portable and i doubt anyone would be carrying 5.6kg + 4.67kg watercooler + 2.4kg poweradapter, at the end of the day youll probably gonna live it in your desk and never move it. And that $7000 price is just too much. Try clevo which has the same dual gpu setup for $3800 sans liquid cooling and is more portable since its 17 inch form factor.

Status
Not open for further replies.