asussetup error 132218 log.iniis lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

froller2

Honorable
Oct 29, 2013
so i removed samsung kie and did a cclean then i rebooted my pc and i got an asussetup error 132218 log.iniis lost i did some googling and found out that it can be removed and i did so.
but what does the error do? did i harm my pc? or any other software?

Solution
You can remove the error (on win 7) by doing the following:

Go to Start > Accessories > System Tools > Task Scheduler
Go to Task Scheduler Library, find Asus
Delete AsusSetup.exe from scheduled tasks

This should stop the computer from trying to run the non-existent temp file on startup. You don't need to edit the registry.

Malakie USN

Honorable
May 12, 2013
What he means is that every time we reboot we get an error dialog that pops that up error up now.. Mine is 172200log.iniis. It is a file that was in the temp directory that got deleted... now every time we reboot we get an error on boot saying the file is missing..

The question is this.. WHICH software or driver is causing it so we can fix tit? I just did a clean install of my system.. I have no idea which driver or tool installed creates or is asking for this file..

Jan 16, 2015
Idea from from (Russian language in orginal): http://fspider.ru/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=3

While on every Windows Start u see something like this C:\Users\%Username%\AppData\Local\Temp\******Log.iniis lost
, where %Username% - your WIndows username and many asterisk symbol - is a digit

In my situatoin there are were no file, that we saw in error.
U must:
1. Right-click on task panel (or press Ctrl+Alt+Delete) and select "Task Manager"
2. In application list right-click on AsusSetup and select "go to the process". In process list right-click on selected item - choose "open file location" - this way u will know what's the name of utility broken in installation process.
3. Optional* After that u could try to reload this utility from manufacturer's website and try to reinstall it
Remove incorrect message
4. Click "Start" any type regedit

5. In registry tree section (left side) select branch
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Schedule\TaskCache\Tree\ASUS\

6. Now U must to delete all record like i-Setup*******
7. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Schedule\TaskCache ane select brach tasks. Click Edit -> Find and type i-Setup******* with your digits and click find branches with this record.

Smth like
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Schedule\TaskCache\Tasks\{9435F817-FED2-454E-88CD-7F78FDA62C48}

Also delete this branches (in example namely - {9435F817-FED2-454E-88CD-7F78FDA62C48}, but not the parent Level!)
7. Restart system.
Mistake might dissapear

Jan 16, 2015

The problem is that message income at every system start. That is annoying. The problem is that Asus Setup does not clean after it's work task from task manager. The solution is in my comments. Maybe u could find better (and more secure then went to the registry) way

Jan 22, 2015
You can remove the error (on win 7) by doing the following:

Go to Start > Accessories > System Tools > Task Scheduler
Go to Task Scheduler Library, find Asus
Delete AsusSetup.exe from scheduled tasks

This should stop the computer from trying to run the non-existent temp file on startup. You don't need to edit the registry.

Solution

AIAasmaa

Reputable
Aug 9, 2015

This approach works in Win 10 as well, with slightly different terminology:

Search for Task Scheduler
[or go to Start>All apps>Windows Administrative Tools>Computer Management>System Tools>Task Scheduler]
Expand Task Scheduler Library
Select ASUS
Right click on all instances of i-SuetupXXXXXX and select Disable

onehans1982

Honorable
Aug 4, 2012

thx that did the trick :)

Happydad36

Reputable
Oct 11, 2015

Thank you :) It was bugging me..

Luke Morrison

Reputable
Jul 21, 2014
In windows 10
1. Type "Task Scheduler" in the "Ask me anything" prompt on the toolbar.
2. Disable these three items (See graphic)

01.05.2016-19.37.png

Status
Not open for further replies.