Question At a COMPLETE loss - Need bigger brains

fashionable_lizard

Reputable
Nov 11, 2017
  • Computer started bluescreening and pointed towards a hardware issues. (Can't provide the dump file since I cant get into the files at the moment)
  • Next day dawns and the PC powers up but nothing "turns on", the screens are black, mouse and keyboard off but everything else is recieving power and the EZ debug CPU light is on

Solutions I have tried:
  • Repalced CPU
  • Replaced Motherboard
  • Different GPU
  • Different PSU
  • CMOS reset (with full ram and singular ram)
  • Bios reset

(During all this I've used anti-static gloves)

SYSTEM
i9-9900K
MSI GeForce® RTX 2080 Ti
MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon ATX
8gb DDR4/3000mhz x4
Corsair CX750 750W

• Computer started bluescreening and pointed towards a hardware issues. (Can't provide the dump file since I cant get into the files at the moment)
  • Next day dawns and the PC powers up but nothing "turns on", the screens are black, mouse and keyboard off but everything else is recieving power and the EZ debug CPU light is on
Solutions I have tried:
  • Repalced CPU
  • Replaced Motherboard
  • Different GPU
  • Different PSU
  • CMOS reset (with full ram and singular ram)
  • Bios reset
(During all this I've used anti-static gloves)

SYSTEM
i9-9900K
MSI GeForce® RTX 2080 Ti
MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon ATX
8gb DDR4/3000mhz x4
Corsair CX750 750W
Obviously the only thing you did NOT change is the SSD / HDD eventually with the same Windows installation ?
That would point toward these.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
In addition to the "old" equipment that went blue screens then power with no output.....it appears that you have purchased or have on hand an entire "new" system. So, when you put those new/alternate components together, they don't work either?

Have you had the wall voltage checked?

fashionable_lizard

Reputable
Nov 11, 2017
In addition to the "old" equipment that went blue screens then power with no output.....it appears that you have purchased or have on hand an entire "new" system. So, when you put those new/alternate components together, they don't work either?

Have you had the wall voltage checked?
The voltage shouldnt be a concern as it's worked for years in the same location and thew "new" equipment was the exact same model just to eliminate any compatibility issues.

Basically just fitting the exact same mdoels but the issue is still persisting. You can see my confusion O_O

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
The voltage shouldnt be a concern as it's worked for years in the same location and thew "new" equipment was the exact same model just to eliminate any compatibility issues.

Basically just fitting the exact same mdoels but the issue is still persisting. You can see my confusion O_O

"Shouldn't be" and confirmed "not to be" aren't the same. I could be barking up the wrong tree entirely, but it is pretty strange that a bevy of all new and separate equipment won't work in that same place.

Might consider breadboarding all the new equipment somewhere else in the property on a different circuit to see if the issue follows.

fashionable_lizard

Reputable
Nov 11, 2017
"Shouldn't be" and confirmed "not to be" aren't the same. I could be barking up the wrong tree entirely, but it is pretty strange that a bevy of all new and separate equipment won't work in that same place.

Might consider breadboarding all the new equipment somewhere else in the property on a different circuit to see if the issue follows.
Apologies on the absolutes, I'll give it a go on another circuit.