News At Last: Noctua's Legendary NH-D15 In All-Black (And Two More)

Wow, finally Noctua made a cooler I would buy.

Its still ugly tho. Literally no attempt at styling the cooler other than coloring it.

When it comes to CPU coolers I would take function over form any day of the week. They could make the NH-D15 in banana yellow only and I would still buy it. Yes I do have a NH-D15 cooling my Ryzen 1800x and it so wonderfully cool and quiet.

Well, this must have been a pretty popular move, because the Noctua website has been INACCESSIBLE all day. Seems black Noctua coolers has broke the internet, or at least Noctua's website anyhow.

As for the price, the black NH-D15 is going for ten bucks more than the standard D15. That is likely due to it being new, and availability issues since Noctua themselves are the only seller currently on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/NOCTUA-NH-D1...?keywords=NH-D15+black&qid=1570605623&sr=8-24

https://www.amazon.com/NOCTUA-NH-U1...?keywords=NH-U12S+black&qid=1570605725&sr=8-4

Both are exactly ten bucks more than the standard edition. Which makes sense actually when you consider that the black fans, by themselves, cost more than the standard edition brown fans when bought separately anyhow.

May 13, 2019
So a quick heads up/request for verification:
It would appear based off of the Amazon listings that these don't come with NA-SYC1 'Y' splitters, NA-SAV2 Anti-Vibration fan mounts, or L.N.A. Low Noise Adapter cables. despite their non-chromax counterparts coming with all of these for less $$$.
The NA-SYC1 and NA-SAV2 are being sold separately for $7.95 and $6.95 on top of the already premium price of the Chromax.Black fans and coolers.
Then there's the LNAs that aren't being sold on Amazon at all.
This of course would be a problem for anyone looking to run them in pairs off of the same fan header and/or forcing lower speed/noise.
Something I'm trying to do on my dual NH-U9S'...

Also, where's my Chromax.Black NH-U9S!?!?!

So a quick heads up/request for verification:
It would appear based off of the Amazon listings that these don't come with NA-SYC1 'Y' splitters, NA-SAV2 Anti-Vibration fan mounts, or L.N.A. Low Noise Adapter cables. despite their non-chromax counterparts coming with all of these for less $$$.
The NA-SYC1 and NA-SAV2 are being sold separately for $7.95 and $6.95 on top of the already premium price of the Chromax.Black fans and coolers.
Then there's the LNAs that aren't being sold on Amazon at all.
This of course would be a problem for anyone looking to run them in pairs off of the same fan header and/or forcing lower speed/noise.
Something I'm trying to do on my dual NH-U9S'...

Also, where's my Chromax.Black NH-U9S!?!?!
There really isnt a need for the LNA adapter when buying a CPU cooler, the fans are PWM anyway, set the speeds accordingly. Nobody should be running a CPU cooler off of a SYS header.
Any relatively new board should have sufficient CPU_OPT headers as well.

These adapters are things of the past, I say good move not wasting the resources giving them out for free when the majority of the time they arent used. Still offering them for sale is a solid choice as well.

The only thing I don't like about the newer Chromax versions of these fans is the fact that they come with MUCH shorter cabling coming off of the fans themselves, and that's for both the Chromax fans that come with heatsinks or stand alone fans. The standard version fans have much longer attached cables so you don't have to use an extension. Even when mounted on a heatsink, the cables are too short to reach most CPU_FAN headers so I can't imagine any reason why Noctua did this. The extensions "work" fine, but it's another bulky eyesore in the middle of a cable that isn't necessary.

Reactions: pchaplo
May 13, 2019
There really isnt a need for the LNA adapter when buying a CPU cooler, the fans are PWM anyway, set the speeds accordingly. Nobody should be running a CPU cooler off of a SYS header.
Any relatively new board should have sufficient CPU_OPT headers as well.

These adapters are things of the past, I say good move not wasting the resources giving them out for free when the majority of the time they arent used. Still offering them for sale is a solid choice as well.
While I appreciate that for most, my motherboard does not. Asus apparently doesn't think that workstation motherboard clients need to be able to control their fan curve, so I'm stuck having to rely on manual intervention. My only options are three basic, all fan settings; "generic mode", "high speed mode" and "full speed mode". With no SpeedFan support.
Regarding "not wasting resources", they are literally charging more for less with the fans, then charging excessive extra for adapters sold separately.