[SOLVED] At random 5Ghz signal disappears 2.4Ghz has no internet

Andyme177

Prominent
Apr 26, 2020
At random times I'm using my internet, my 5 GHz Wi-Fi signal will just vanish from my available network list so my computer automatically switches to the 2.4 Ghz. However, I cannot get online at all when the 5GHz disappears I end up getting a "No Internet Access" over the 2.4 GHz.

This is a brand new build I have not changed any settings just put it all together and turned it on
so any and all thoughts on where to start are helpful.

My system

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor (Running at 3.50 - 4.08 Ghz)
Motherboard: MSI MAG X570 TOMAHAWK WIFI ATX AM4 Motherboard
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 Memory (Running at 2133 Mhz)
Storage: Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive (boot drive)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda Compute 4 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti 4 GB Video Card
Case: Rosewill Zircon T ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer

Wi-Fi hardware specs

Protocol: Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax)
Security type: WPA2-Personal
Network band: 5 GHz
Network channel: 157
Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
Description: Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160MHz
Driver version: 22.10.0.7

Router: Archer AX1500 Wi-Fi 6 Router (bought at store)
Modem: Arriss Touchstone CM8200A (Purchased from Cox Communication our ISP)

Solution
Look. You get 100 percent signal strength on a few seconds glance, and have it stay that way. If you're not doing continuous testing like I have been doing, then I don't know what to tell ya. You can do what you want for all I care. But if you're gonna have someone on wireless internet, that needs real time responses, kinda like gaming, voice chat, or a phone call. Well you have to realize that speed isn't always better by the mbps, sometimes it's in the latency, and the signal, and type of tech you are using and the settings. In all honesty I think AX is a disaster, and it's only good for the same room stuff, just like AC. The only thing that mbps is good for is fast downloads for digital content for gaming. And if I were in charge of...

Ralston18

Titan
Are you sure that only the wireless network adapter is enabled?

Look in Reliability History for any network related errors that correspond with the loss/failure of 5 GHz.

Are you in an area with other nearby wireless networks? Try another channel.

Try manually downloading the applicable Intel wireless network adapter drivers via the manufacturer's website. Reinstall and reconfigure.

Check the router's logs for recorded errors. Who has full admin rights to the router? You will need help from that person.

Failing the above, run "ipconfig /all" via the Command Prompt. Post the results.

Andyme177

Prominent
Apr 26, 2020
Thank you again for your assistance!

Are you sure that only the wireless network adapter is enabled?
All features are currently enabled. I will disable the wired ethernet thank you.

Look in Reliability History for any network related errors that correspond with the loss/failure of 5 GHz.
How do I find Reliability History?

Are you in an area with other nearby wireless networks? Try another channel.
Yes there are a lot of Wi-Fi signals all over!

Try manually downloading the applicable Intel wireless network adapter drivers via the manufacturer's website. Reinstall and reconfigure.
driver is from CD Rom will try updating from web

Check the router's logs for recorded errors. Who has full admin rights to the router? You will need help from that person.
I have the admin access to the router, but I don't know how to check the logs.

Failing the above, run "ipconfig /all" via the Command Prompt. Post the results.

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : DESKTOP-AETHQVS
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

Ethernet adapter Ethernet:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Realtek PCIe 2.5GbE Family Controller
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : REDACTED
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes

Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection* 9:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter

Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection* 10:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter #2

Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160MHz
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::b05d:eb84:adb7:a933%5(Preferred)
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : REDACTED
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : Friday, April 23, 2021 11:35:45 AM
Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : Friday, April 23, 2021 4:23:09 PM
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
DHCPv6 IAID . . . . . . . . . . . : 135800393
DHCPv6 Client DUID. . . . . . . . : 00-01-00-01-28-13-19-73-2C-F0-5D-A1-BD-B9
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled

Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network)

Ralston18

Titan
No problem per se with you redacting "ipconfig /all" output but some of those redactions are unnecessary and counter-productive.

Redaction of MACs and/or personal/network names okay. But just do so in part: either leave enough to permit being able to check for consistent settings or ensure that they are consistent by doing so yourself.

FYI:

https://www.lifewire.com/what-is-a-...vate IP address is,a home or business network.

One immediate issue: Lease time. Reconfigure to be at least 24 hours or more. Currently less than 3 hours - likely to be problematic.

Does the following link present the applicable User Guide for your router?

https://www.tp-link.com/us/user-guides/archer-ax10&ax1500_v1/conventions

System log: Chapter 13, Section 7.

Andyme177

Prominent
Apr 26, 2020
Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : DESKTOP-AETHQVS
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection* 9:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 18-26-49-46-1B-1D

Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection* 10:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter #2
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 1A-26-49-46-1B-1C

Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160MHz
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 18-26-49-46-1B-1C

microtank

Commendable
Mar 26, 2021
802.11 ax huh? Well that’s a problem if you’re not in the same room as the 5 ghz broadcast. What’s the mbps plan at the home/location? Try 802.11 n or 802.11 g... ax... you are entirely dependent on nodes for the best signal and max speed. Even then it could still be a problem. Wifi 6.. ya I know that it can use 6 ghz... but if it’s a obstacle course to your location on this computer, you have to realize these wireless device connect in a straight line to point B, wherever kind of signal it’s obtaining.

Andyme177

Prominent
Apr 26, 2020
802.11 ax huh? Well that’s a problem if you’re not in the same room as the 5 ghz broadcast. What’s the mbps plan at the home/location? Try 802.11 n or 802.11 g... ax... you are entirely dependent on nodes for the best signal and max speed. Even then it could still be a problem. Wifi 6.. ya I know that it can use 6 ghz... but if it’s a obstacle course to your location on this computer, you have to realize these wireless device connect in a straight line to point B, wherever kind of signal it’s obtaining.

I have not had any signal strength issues at all fixing the lease time seems to have stopped the 5G signal disappearances I also discovered I could actually broadcast 2 different 5g signals so I put one for the computers and one for the phones tablets etc the router is in the living room behind our TV and is maybe 20 feet from both our computers one with only a small bookshelf between them and the other behind two walls get the same signal strength on both. I know I was iffy on using the ax signal myself but speed wise it is much faster soon it won't matter though we are moving in a couple weeks and will have an ethernet hub going to all the TV's and computers future proofing the house. I haven't had a computer hard wired to internet since a 10/100 switch was new because until last year we always used laptops. I built a gaming PC for my son and then this one for myself.

microtank

Commendable
Mar 26, 2021
Look. You get 100 percent signal strength on a few seconds glance, and have it stay that way. If you're not doing continuous testing like I have been doing, then I don't know what to tell ya. You can do what you want for all I care. But if you're gonna have someone on wireless internet, that needs real time responses, kinda like gaming, voice chat, or a phone call. Well you have to realize that speed isn't always better by the mbps, sometimes it's in the latency, and the signal, and type of tech you are using and the settings. In all honesty I think AX is a disaster, and it's only good for the same room stuff, just like AC. The only thing that mbps is good for is fast downloads for digital content for gaming. And if I were in charge of the network, I don't care, I wouldn't let me son exceed 28 mbps, and that's "if" I feel like paying for more bandwidth, and let me tell you right now I've been using 4 mbps on my over kill PC by choice, and when I am outside having a smoke, I only let my cellphone use 2 mbps on the wifi networks. If you really want to know my opinion... well I am using wireless G right now, on the 2.4 ghz. And if I go any further, then I can't help ya, because I simulated 7 devices running at once.. 4 games, and 3 videos on 6 mbps. Highest resolution video was 720p, the other 2 at 480p, 4 games, one was old, and the rest were on the highest settings, the only reason I quit so early was due to hardware limitations and I refuse to do a test like that multiple times when I know it's so bad for the hardware to be pushed like that, but they all connected successfully, and they all stay connected, they had no ping issues, or buffering, and a classic 1996 game with online multiplayer and it's FPS, I was still able to play without any issues whatsoever and it was ALL wireless. AX and AC... ya you need a lot of nodes to make that a masterpiece and something to look forward to, AT, ANY, PART, AND, ANY, TIME, of the day, not... oh it's the jets, or the contruction, or the god forsaken garbage truck cause I've had it happen before, and many other odd ball things happen on a 2.4 ghz.. We also have 300 mbps on our network back at home. 32 devices are always using it, and believe me, 6 security cameras, 2 ipads, a imac, ALWAYS on... so guess what I take what I only need and only want... Gears of war 4 in the online multiplayer will function properly and purely playable 100 percent on 512 kbps.. I am old and new school, but nothing beats the classic @$%^ and for those who neglect the classics... well too bad... they are masterpieces and they will always be, and they should've never been neglected.

Wireless G - 99.9 percent up time in the past 2 hours, one ping spike.. and the highest ping spike was 206 ms, average ms? 47 ms. Looking at the data... I would've never felt that 206 ms, and trust me if you don't know what a init string is, then you do what you want with this advice. This data has been recorded in a basement on a pure wireless network using 4 routers for testing 500 miles away from home. -microtank over and out

Solution