At start up "Cant find cwindowsimage.dll"

Paul

Splendid

Hi Everbody,

At startup I get a message "Cant find c\windows\image.dll",
anybody know how to corret this message?
After I OK message windows seems to work fine?

Regards
Paul

Paul

This file seems to be a part of some adware, see this web site:

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/adware.iefeats.html

Best regards

Bjorn

"Paul" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi Everbody,
>
>At startup I get a message "Cant find c\windows\image.dll",
>anybody know how to corret this message?
>After I OK message windows seems to work fine?
>
>Regards
>Paul

Hello Paul,

1.) Open Registry editor by clicking on START-> RUN and type in "regedit"
without
the quotes

2.) Take aback up of the registry by clicking on FILE -> EXPORT

3.) Browse to HKEY_Local_Machine\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current
Version\Policies\Explorer\Run and delete the entry "image" or "install"
with type
"REG_SZ" and command " rundll32 c:\Windows\image.dll"

Regards

Vedvyas

Microsoft.

Paul