[SOLVED] AT&T Fiber and Hitron MoCA adapters

bloodta

Reputable
Jan 17, 2018
I’m trying to get my MoCA Hitron EM4s to go into High Speed mode (blue LED) with my AT&T BGW320 fiber modem. As of now only Low Speed Mode (green LED) is working. All of my ports output full 1 gig duplex, and I get those speeds on all devices except the adapters.

Solution
Are you saying that the ethernet ports between the moca and the router are running at 100mbps or the ports to the router are at gigabit and it is the connection between the moca devices that is not running at gigabit.

If the ports are running at 100mbps it most times is a cable issue.

If it the connection between the 2 moca units that is more complex because there can be lots of stuff between the 2 units. You could try a short coax cable between the units in the same room and see if it will function at full speed in that configuration.
Are you saying that the ethernet ports between the moca and the router are running at 100mbps or the ports to the router are at gigabit and it is the connection between the moca devices that is not running at gigabit.

If it the connection between the 2 moca units that is more complex because there can be lots of stuff between the 2 units. You could try a short coax cable between the units in the same room and see if it will function at full speed in that configuration.

Solution

bloodta

Reputable
Jan 17, 2018

It’s your second option. “the ports to the router are at gigabit and it is the connection between the moca devices that is not running at gigabit.”
I’ve since bricked one adapter upgrading the firmware, then found out the splitter from Spectrum works from 5-1002 MHz, the adapter range is 1175-1625 MHz. Now waiting on a replacement adapter.

Moca can be messy when it does not work. To get the extremely fast speeds they do it needs to have good splitters and coax cables. Most splitters sold even in the last 10yrs went to 2k mhz, then again the cable company may use other ones for other reasons.

I have not seen much on the hitron brand but from what I understand most the 2.5g units use chipset made by maxlinear