AT&T Sold 6.4 Million Smartphones Thus Far in Q4

Status
Not open for further replies.

fudoka711

Distinguished
[citation][nom]dgingeri[/nom]I feel so sorry for those people stuck with such a horrid company.[/citation]

I gotta say their cell service has been really great, with only the rare dropped call. For problems...well...uhh...just don't use their phone customer service. Go into a store if you can because they speak english well. Although sometimes I feel like I know more about phones than the people in the stores...

dgingeri

Distinguished
[citation][nom]fudoka711[/nom]I gotta say their cell service has been really great, with only the rare dropped call. For problems...well...uhh...just don't use their phone customer service. Go into a store if you can because they speak english well. Although sometimes I feel like I know more about phones than the people in the stores...[/citation]

I canceled my contract with them early, and paid the penalty, because of their terrible customer service and constant attempts at charging me extra. In the year and a month that I had a smart phone with them, they tried to charge me for extras, at $2.99 to $4.99 each, 16 times. Every month it was something different. The first month nothing mysterious showed up on my bill, but every month after that they tried to charge me for their gps navigation system (why would I pay extra for a less reliable mapping service when I had Google maps?) or something else. No, I didn't 'accidentally' activate anything. I only downloaded 9 total apps, and only one actually cost anything. Buying the paid version of Gem Miner through Google wasn't the activator for this, as it started months before I bought that game. Every month, it was another call to customer service to spend hours arguing over a few bucks. Many times there were multiple extras being charged.

They think you won't notice. Watch your bill closely. They'll do it to you, too.

Also, I quit because of their idiot of a CEO, insulting his own customers. That combined with the terrible customer service and the attempts to cheat me were just too much.

AT&T have been alright to me. I guess maybe I don't have very high standards for telcos. If they don't force me to upgrade to plans I don't need, after they discontinue them (for instance, I don't need unlimited texting/mobile-to-mobile; 1000 texts a month is way more than enough), and they don't screw up my bill, and they get their network up and running quickly after a natural disaster, I'm good.

Status
Not open for further replies.