AT&T's 'Spy Room' Expands to 8 NSA 'Fortresses'

Status
Not open for further replies.

therickmu25

Honorable
Aug 7, 2013
Serious question: Are there any examples of an attempt to destroy a regular, non-criminal American through the use of an ill-obtained FISA or illegal spying? The only example I can think of is the current sitting president.

bit_user

Polypheme
Ambassador

That's flame-bait. Definitely not a serious question.

toadhammer

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2012
I wonder if it's a stretch to paint this as specifically AT&T facilities. If this is simply an internet exchange point where several tier 1 networks connect, it's a semi-open location open to "interested parties" to put equipment whether they are carriers or whatever. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MAE-East was in a building I used to work in.

Jun 14, 2018
No way to stop this. A boycott won't happen and if it did the amount of people participating would be too small to make a dent. ATT has endless funds for what they are doing.

Whats funny is anyone thinking they actually have privacy when using a private companies communication system...AT&T is no different than Google reading your emails (terms of service) or Twitter ghosting conservatives that challenge their ideology (fact)...business can, and will, do whatever it wants with it's network, software, or Apps. Any protection from intrusion into private life has to be legislated...or existing practice has to be ruled Unconstitutional...which a judge just did in regards to cell phone location data. In a nut shell...if you're not in your house you should have no expectation of privacy.

Status
Not open for further replies.