At wits end....keyboard and mouse work in bios but don't work on windows login screen.

Protectereli

Honorable
Dec 7, 2012
Recently moved my old equipment to a new motherboard with a new processor, and I get it to boot fine, but once it hits the windows login screen NONE of my usb devices work...mind you the Ethernet still works but that's about it. When I'm in the bios everything works fine, problems only occur once I load into Windows 7.

550W EVGA PSU
I7 4790K
MB GA-Z97X-SLI
16 GB ram
gtx 1070

Things that are kind of worth noting...the MB actually shipped without a cmos battery, I put a cmos battery from a confirmed working system inside. Not sure if all batteries are the same haven't researched this much.

Does anybody know any fix's at all?

gaborbarla

Distinguished
Is this a fresh install of windows or you just changed your motherboard without reinstalling?

You can try booting into safe mode. If it works try removing all motherboard related stuff in add remove programs, or in device manager remove the USB stuff until you lose your keyboard access and then press the off button on the PC because you wont be able to reset any other way. (yes I have done this :D)

Hope this helps
Gabor

Protectereli

Honorable
Dec 7, 2012

I did not, I had no idea I had too either, I had moved this harddrive to a couple different mbs before, ill give this a shot, thank you.

Protectereli

Honorable
Dec 7, 2012

Thank you for the reply Gabor, safe mode did not work.

I am going to try to clean install windows, as a few others recommended that as well.