G

I have just installed the Digital Research ATA66 PCI Controller card with my Maxtor 10.2 gb hard drive/Soyo 5EMA+V1.1 motherboard. The controller card uses the Promise bios, which I have flashed witht he newest update.

My problem is the bios on the card recognizes my drive as a Mode 2, not a Mode 4 drive. I am using the supplied 80pin cable.

Any suggestions?

G

What's the drive model # ?

***Hey I run Intel... but let's get real***

G

it is a Maxtor 91021U2. I understand that there is some sort of flash utility from Maxtor to "activate" the udma66 feature of the drive. I have downloaded the flash program, but have not run it. Is this the correct method?

G

well hmmmmm. I don't see the utility you are talking about that would be used. But it is an ATA 66 drive so if you want to try and use it to enable ATA 66, try it. But I don't think you should have to. "It might be something with the card if that Utility doesn't work.." The MaxBlast is the closest Utility I would think might help.

(on a side note.. there will be little if no performance increase as the drive can not utilize more than 33 MB/s bandwidth.. Only a few of the IDE drives out there can.. so it's no big deal).

***Hey I run Intel... but let's get real***