Athlon 4 where's 2 and 3???

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

girish

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
well, nobody supporting either AMD or Intel will be open minded. its a holy war for them, bashing and flaming will continue, just as AMD will continue making better processors and Intel will continue fooling people with Hyperpipelined Hyperjokes. Jee, 20 stage pipeline making higher MHz easier is too funny to believe.

yes, what do we see at the end of the day? both Intel's and AMD's competing processors perform just about at par with each other, so the choice between them is open to ones taste, political inclination, thinking, preferences and prejudice.

what if one costs $250 more than the other? what if one needs 25% higher MHz than other to catch up? what if one needs to spend through his nose to upgrade his system just six months from now? what if one buys his favorite processor and waits for months to get an app that is little use to him "optimised" for his chip? what if one has to pay ridiculous amounts to use a special memory that he hasnt signed any agreements for?

honestly, i dont know.

girish

<font color=blue>die-hard fans don't have heat-sinks!</font color=blue>

G

I suggest we all wait and see when it comes out ok?
I mean we all have heard rumors before...
This should be proof enough <A HREF="http://www.hsn.com/content/sf/dept/cat/prod/default.asp?pfid=477857&sku=477857&o=search" target="_new">Athlon 4</A>
Who says Intel is the only one with marketing <b>gimmicks</b>.

(A)bort, (R)etry, (G)et a beer?

TRENDING THREADS