Athlon 4

G

When will the Athlon 4 desktop version comes out? What will be its price and how fast will it go?

killall

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
ill say around october (im hoping earlier but i doubt it) it should be a bit slower than the tbird clock speed but should outperform it... id say around 1.4-1.5 ghz the tbird should be up to 1.5 at least by then, we know thanks to the ayhja cores that those speeds are possible with the current core and air cooling... is should be priced about the same as the 1.4 tbird was when it came out... maybe a tad more... like $250-300 i would say, maybe a bit less though i doubt it... it will drop to below $200 within a month or two i should say... we have no facts so all you can base it on is speculation...

you do not strengthen the weak by weakening the strong

G

Actually the Tbird, and Palomino will not run at the same clock speeds. Where ever the Tbird stops the Athlon 4 will start 1 step up from.

I AM Canadian.

G

So what's the lowest speed and max for Athlon 4? Will it still run at 266 FSB? Does AMD have any plan in raising the FSB? What about the speed for the .13 micron Athlon 4 chip that is going to appear after the Athlon 4? Will Athlon 4 have SSE and SSE 2?

wapaaga

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2001
it has 3dnow professinal or something like that what bassiacally barkes down to is that it can run all the 3d now stuff and also can interpret all the see stuff and carry it out

<font color=red>Gasoline + Fire</font color=red> Can be a lot of fun :smile: :smile: :smile:

peteb

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2001
I have read that Atlon 4 will be introduced at 1.5G and includes support for current functionality plus full SSE (not SSE2) optimisations. FSB to remain at 133/266DDR (not sure if there is 100/200FSB product, but I do not see why not). Athlon 4 max speed - we cannot tell. Some may argue that until .13 micron builds are available speeds will not scale much past 2Ghz - but like all things that is speculation.

-* This Space For Rent *-
email for application details