Athlon 64 3000+ 939 / MSI K8N SLI Plat case+PSU

Klynt

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2003
First off I apologize if this gets posted twice but I didn't see it once I submitted. I'm in the market for the following components:

Athlon 64 3000+ 939 / MSI K8N SLI Platinum nForce4
Mushkin Dual Pack 184-Pin 1GB(512MBx2) DDR PC-3200
eVGA GeForce 6600GT PCI-Express

For the time being I will be running a solo card but there stands a good chance that I would get another later on down the road. I'm pretty much set other than my case and PSU. I've been looking at pricewatch but I'm a little leery of what they're listing. I would like to keep the price under fifty dollars but would be open to a little more if it's 100% necessary. I don't care what it looks like as long as it's stable. These are the ones I was considering:

http://www.pricewatch.com/h/prc.aspx?i=74&a=4778

Any and all sincere help is GREATLY appreciated.
Thank you for your time.

clint

arnold873

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2005
yeah really you need a good psu
if you want future upgradability
the case you can skim on but the psu you will need more especially if your going to use sli
expect around 80$
look at the fortron blue storm 550w
i`m not sure what psu you will need for your mb
either atx 12v 1.3 or 2.0
but when you find out post
for example; "good 500w atx 1.3 psu"

and for sli i would go for at least 500w
the new video cards might use up to 150w a piece. this is from a standard nvidia and intel set for the psu manufacturers funny to say a lot of the new psu`s do not have this kind of wattage on the pci-e power connector but i`m assuming you can get it from the molex

SUPPORT AMD. KICK INTEL OUT OF YOUR PC.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
The cheapest power supply I could recommend would be a Fortron Source (or Sparkle Power, same thing) 400W. But that's going to be near the edge if you decide to add another video card...so you'd might as well pay the extra money to get a 500W from them.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>