Athlon 860k high temps w/ good cooler

TRyeSePP

Prominent
Jun 20, 2017
About a year ago I upgraded my CPU to a AMD Athlon 4x 860k. And i also bought a cooler: the Be Quiet Dark Rock 3. (I didn't know mutch about pc back then.
When I uprgaded my temps where normal 25C on idle (it was summer) an 40C when I played SC:GO. But since the sping begon my temps where exreamly high. I'm talking about when idling 75C and 100c when im playing Paladins or Borderlands. How did this hapen? Does it have to do with the thermal paste or something else?
Im planing to upgrade to a R5 1600x and I don't wanna have the same problem. Also I dont want to play very demanding games right now, cuz i don't wanna kill my CPU.

Specs:
CPU: AMD Athlon 4x 860k 3,7GHz
Mobo: Asus A88XM-A Micro ATX FM2+
Cooler: BeQuiet Dark Rock 3
GPU: RX 480 4GB
RAM: 8GB
Case: Cooler Master K350

TY 4 help anyway.

Solution
Using programs other than Overdrive, I've seen readings in the hundreds, or even negative numbers. I'd suggest trying Overdrive again.

TRyeSePP

Prominent
Jun 20, 2017

I was planing to do that, but its 35c outside, so im not gonna do that today. But ty 4 reply.

TRyeSePP

Prominent
Jun 20, 2017

I've downloaded it but 4 some reason it wouldn't open. I've tried to look it up and do the things that there were sed, but that didn't help. That was half a year ago. I used CAM from NZXT i believe to see my temps.

TRENDING THREADS