Athlon phenom 2 6 core 1055t temperture question

Deekz

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2011
Hi All

I just bought a 'Phemon 2  6 Core 1055T' that i am running at normal speed of 2.80 no overclocking involved and its meant to be the 95W version, The cpu is fitted with a stock heatsink and fan.

I am worried that the CPU is running to hot but i have no idea what temperture it should be at when idle or underload, ever time i look for a guide online people are always talking about coolers they have bought seperate which gives them very low tempertures of about 35 idle to underload of 50.

I done a quick check this morning by booting up the pc from cold and going straight into the bios and the Temp started at 32 and within 2 minutes of just sitting in the bios the temp went up 55/56.

I was playing black ops last night and i checked the the temperture using the Hw monitor software that came with the motherboard and im pretty sure it was saying 75.

Also noticed that the temperture monitor alarm is switched of in the bios so not sure if the pc is over heating, but i have had no crashes and its running fine.

Please could someone tell me what tempertures my cpu should be at and what temps are safe for a cpu to go upto as i dont want to burn out my cpu.

Also anyone know how i can check i have the 95w version and not the 125w

Thanks ans sorry for long post

Deekz

Thats too hot, check you have fitted your cpu cooler properly, whats the cooling like in your case?

Did it come with a thermal pad attached, if so make sure its clean or even better remove it and use paste.
http://www.arcticsilver.com/methods.html

Really you want to be under 60C with load on the cpu.

Get the long number off the cpu and tap it into Google, the spec should appear.
Although it should be listed where you brought it from or on the box.

Deekz

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2011
I bought a motherboard bundle from ccl and the fan was already mounted on the CPU when I got it??

Well you either have seriously bad case cooling issues or the cpu cooler wasn't fitted well.

Have you got cool n quiet enabled in the bios, otherwise the cpu will be running full speed all the time.

Try that 1st then run the machine with the side off to see if temps drop, then try re-fitting your heatsink.

jerry6

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2009

That is way hot , I just installed a 1100T and temps at idle are 28-29c at load 42-46c ,. I always clean the factory paste off and replace with OCZ freeze , temps drop between 5-10c on all the CPU i replace. This with stock cooler and fan , guess it would drop further with a good after market setup , but good enough . 71c is max for 95 watt 1055
http://products.amd.com/en-us/DesktopCPUSideBySide.aspx?id=641&id=652&id=713&id=726&id=640