Reputable
Apr 20, 2017
Yes, it is weird.

CPU: AMD Athlon X4 845
Old GPU: GTX 750 Ti, 399.1
New GPU: RX 470, Adrenalin 19.1
8 GB DDR3
Windows 7 SP1

Playing Shadow of the Tomb Raider on "Low" with GTX 750 Ti i can get around 20 FPS in Kuwaq Yaku. But with RX 470 i get 12-17 even in lowest settings. Using SOTTR benchmark It is up to 7% GPU bound!
Playing Sherlock Holmes: The Devil's Daughter there are stutters every time i move the camera. It never happens with GTX 750 Ti.

CPUTIN up to 78 degree while core temps never exceed 70. The GPU itself only reached 55 degree.

Using Userbenchmark tool, it is said that my GPU performs above expectation but the CPU and RAM performs way below expectation. CPU score is 42% while the average is 48%.

What is wrong with my CPU? According to game-debate, i should be able to play SOTTR on Medium settings.

Solution
With Afterburner we could see the change over time, whereas HWMonitor really only gives the minimum, maximum and average values. Plus Afterburner's OSD allows you to see the values while gaming.

One thing is clear, whatever task was ran it maxed out the CPU. Given the x4 845 was the last of the FM2+ processors, abeit Carrizo if memory serves, it's still fairly weak in modern games. (Been there before with the x4 760k.) So the CPU limitation is confirmed as expected, but from the current information there's not much else to draw upon.
If you haven't already try a clean installation of drivers.

With the RX 470 being more powerful than the GTX 750 ti it would mean it demands more from the CPU than previously.

Did you use MSI Afterburner to monitor hardware performance previously? I would start there by monitoring CPU (all cores/threads), GPU and RAM frequencies and usages; CPU and GPU temperatures; fps and frame times; and page file.

Use AMD Overdrive to monitor thermal margins to be on the safe side (though own experience suggests the numbers you're seeing should be fine), and correlate it with MSI Afterburner.

Kepalajamuran

Reputable
Apr 20, 2017

Clean installation with DDU.
Can't see RAM frequencies. RAM usage is around 5-6 GB. Frametime is all over the place just like FPS which goes between 11 to 89.
HWMonitor stats:
hw-monitor-x4-845.jpg

Although max GPU freq is 1150, it is usually around 700MHz.

With Afterburner we could see the change over time, whereas HWMonitor really only gives the minimum, maximum and average values. Plus Afterburner's OSD allows you to see the values while gaming.

One thing is clear, whatever task was ran it maxed out the CPU. Given the x4 845 was the last of the FM2+ processors, abeit Carrizo if memory serves, it's still fairly weak in modern games. (Been there before with the x4 760k.) So the CPU limitation is confirmed as expected, but from the current information there's not much else to draw upon.

Solution