Enermax EG651P-VE PSU

Now here are my noteworthy bios settings:

CPU FSB: 160MHZ
Ratio: 4:2:1
Multiplier X10.5
Core Voltage 1.775V
DDR Voltage: 2.65V
(And no, my processor is not unlocked)

I haven't really put any strain on my system yet, although I have played about 5 intense games of Aliens Vs Predator 2 at the highest possible settings (needless to say it looked great and I have had no problems so far). My question is, am I in any way hurting the system by doing this? I have monitored my temperatures and the CPU has never gone over 40 degrees celcius. I'm not really worried about the processor since it is basically a temporary one until some decent Thoroughbreads come out. But I want to make sure that my motherboard, ram, graphics card, and hard drives are going to be alright. Also, should I try to go higher? Well? Any comments?

siliconjon

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2002
If you're running stable, I see no reason to do otherwise. (keep it just like that). If your temp and stability are in excellent condition, then there's no logical risk to your components. But there's always the fluke possiblity...only slightly increased with overclocking.

I also see no reason to throw a thoroughbred in there, either. It's my understanding there's no performance increase with them...am I correct to assume this, as it is merely a stepping stone for future cores, giving no advantage to current cpu's?

Running at 2000+ seems worthy, for a little while, anyways.

While wearing syran-wrap speedos, my shrink had the nerve to tell me "I can cleary see yer nuts!"