ATI 3650 asking for power cable

Status
Not open for further replies.

rick25

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2011
Have installed a new 3650 ATI Graphics card in system but on boot up the screen displays "Connect power cable. Check "Getting started" document". There is no documentation came with the Card, or on the discs.
The card has a 4 pin connector similar to the Floppy disk power cable but there are no adapters or indication of what voltage, or pin orientation..
Power supply is 500 watt.
Can anyone help or direct me to the hardware installation manual please.
Cheers, Rick

Solution
You must have an AGP version of the card. The PCI-E version can get all it's power from the slot after all. Anyway, yes you need a floppy connector. If your PS does not have one, you can get a molex to floppy adapter from your local computer store.

rick25

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2011
Update. I fo8und this posted on another site. Silly really because modern PS are doing away with Floppy power cable.

ATI'S TECH SUPPORT. THE TECH TOLD ME THAT THIS CARD REQUIRES EXTERNAL POWER FROM A FLOPPY DISK POWER CABLE (THE POWER CONNECTOR IS IN THE UPPER RIGHT CORNER OF THE CARD).

You must have an AGP version of the card. The PCI-E version can get all it's power from the slot after all. Anyway, yes you need a floppy connector. If your PS does not have one, you can get a molex to floppy adapter from your local computer store.

Solution

rick25

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2011
Yep. All fixed mate. I thought it was pretty tough on the average PC people who can plug a card in & load a driver, but when it comes like this, without instructions or the $2 adapter, it's a lot of messing around for those hobbyists who get spooked plugging wires in when they're guessing.
Thanks. Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts