ATI 48FAIL

draconia34

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2009
Is there ANYONE with a perfectly working ASUS EAH4830 ???? anywhere on planet earth ?? :??: :(

all ive read and heard are complaints about the fan not working , spinning and making horrible noises after a few months.

GUESS WHAT !!! :kaola: :heink: :eek:

i myself have fallen into this ditch and i sent my card in yesterday waiting for a brand-spanking-new-hope-to-be-fixed fan . :gun:

some have had it lucky, some had their card for 2 days before the fan started acting up . some didn't even get past the POST.
I was lucky to have it running for a week :fou: :fou:

Apparently one of my friends found that there is a plastic piece of whatever in between the bearings and fan nut . which isn't supposed to be there in the first place !! :fou: :fou: :fou:

my first ati card since FOREVER . and im not impressed . my thoughts and condolences go to ATI for letting ASUS make their version of 4830.... :cry:

the performance for the card is amazing , and the cooling , while it lasted was very nice .

i almost took the 9800gt from XFX as a replacement.

but decided to wait ..... :non:

i hope for my sake i made the right choice............................

draconia34

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2009
you wouldn't understand how frustrating it is to send your card back in every few weeks after the 3rd time just because they cant fix a factory fault with their custom designed fan... after all , people payed for quality , and expect it . so its asus's problem.

i wont buy an after market cooler. and that's my own opinion.

and also , it makes a dull post look cool and i was bored . yeah overclkr its the best answer for sarcasm. :)

draconia34

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2009
at the time i was on a very tight budget , since i had to replace the psu too . and i need my pc to be on 24/7 . basically just couldn't afford more even while saving.
by the time i have enough ,might as well just get 4870 lol .

i really do hope asus sort this problem out. i checked the forums and saw that the 4850 from asus is also having the same fan problem.

Yea, you should be fine as ASUS does have good support but remember to get a card that has a lifetime warranty once you decide to upgrade and this way you wont have to deal with this kind of issue.... It pay's in the long run..... [:jaydeejohn:5]

draconia34

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2009
directx 11 is still far away from perfect lol so might only upgrade next year December or the year after that :D . depends on the decent dx11 cards that will be avail then anyways. thanks for the info ovrclkr . my dad has the fatality 8600gt and its really never given probs even after so many gaming days of cod4 since the card came out.

will check xfx and fatality out maybe in the future ! case closed !

Well, there goes my suggestion out the window.

As a rule, I always replace the stock gou cooler with an aftermarket solution; usually with either the Zalman VF900 or VF1000.

If you like the performance of the card and it does what you want, the path of least frustration just may be bite the bullet and get an aftermarket cooler.

Or, just return it and buy nVidia.

draconia34

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2009
aw monster lol , i might think about it if the fan doesnt break in 7 months time or more. :p. its just to aggravate an employee at asus and bug them with fixing more things than usual because they couldn't manufacture properly :D. do it properly ! do it nice ! then you don't have to do it again !!

draconia34

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2009
i already have a zalman sc100 fan card. its nothing special . but it really does the job. since i don't have to overclock thanks to asus :p 2ghz is fast enough, and the little fan keeps the hdd's backside cold .

no need to dish out more cash except gfx card upgrades every 1.5 years maybe. or if really not needed. 2 years. that and my fat cpu cooler is all that's needed lol :D

BUT , if you are a unlucky sorry soul and really have a ^&***$#@ stock cooler ... aftermarket would be a excellent suggestion :D