ATI 5850 CF and BC2 Black Screen

deweycd

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2005
I was in the middle of playing BC2 when all of a sudden my entire screen except for the HUD info went black. You can't see the play, the scenery or anything except for the hud. Has anyone else have this problem. I did not run into this problem prior to installing my second card but I have also updated the drivers since. I tried a single 5850 and no problem but two and it happens. It doesn't happen often but now and then and it can be ended by Alt-Tabing out and then back in. Any thoughts? My specs are listed below.

BeCoolBro

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2010
I have had a similar problem with 1 5850 at one of the snow levels.If I got killed,the whole screen would become white and I could only see the hud.I believe as others said ,that it's a bug of the game not a hardware problem.

alenkps

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2010
i Xfired 2 5850's and it runs every game phenomenally.

EXCEPT BF bad company 2. Random crashes to desktop, black screens ( like u guys), black screen flickering.

i dono, it seems there is no concrete fix for it and these problems occur on many different brands of gfx cards.....im thinking game problem -.-

deweycd

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2005

I had the crashing to desktop but found out that this is a driver problem with ATI 10.5 and greater. If you use 10.4 you shouldn't have this problem. However, you still have the black screen and flickering.