ATI 5870 Give Away - Winner just confirmed:) Hope you had fun!

L1qu1d

Splendid
Sep 29, 2007
The winner pmed me so This can now be unstickied:) Thanks to all for playing hope you had fun!

Winners are as followed:

NvTi

builderbobftw 2nd

asanatheist 3rd

plz MSG me through pm with 48 hrs or I will move down the line.

Congradulations!

Truhls

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
Wow this is awesome, i will update this later will all the stuff you need to enter. I need to get a camera to take some pics :D

1) Post your System Specs

Currently

Phenom II X4 720 BE ( Unlocked )
Asus M4A79XTD Evo
4GB G.Skill Ripjaws 1333 7-7-7-21 @ 6-6-6-18
8600 GTS
LanCool k-62 Dragon Lord PC Case.

2) Picture of Setup

MIA Will get soon

3)3Dmark06/Vantage results

http://i709.photobucket.com/albums/ww98/Surreal23/Vantagescore.jpg

woo look at my system fly....

4) Write a little bit about what/why you got into computers

I moved from console gaming because PC's are just far better. Better quality, more options, better competitive play, and tinkering with PC's is a passion of mine. I Absolutely love installing new hardware and anytime i buy anything i get all excited, you cant do that with a console.

5)What Brands you prefer (eg, BFG over Asus etc)

Honestly i like EVGA, just because they have some of the best CS i have ever seen

Currently i am really liking ASUS, This is my second ASUS Mobo and i have no been disappointed in the slightest by either of them. And both still work even after having the older one for so long.

waxwing

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2009
That's awfully nice of you. I've got a relatively new graphics card so I won't enter, but this will make someone here very happy.

Omg! please make it 3 in a row :lol:

Core i7 920 D0 @ 4.0Ghz HT on Turbo off
Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5
3 x 1GB OCZ Triple Channel 1333mhz 7-7-7-21
HD5850 @ 1000/1200
Coolercrap Real-Crap M700
Coolermaster HAF932
DVD ROM Drive LG
Samsung Spinpoint F3 500GB
Toshiba REGZA 32" HDTV
5.1 LG Surround Sound

pc1280960.jpg

26400.png

I prefer ASUS and Gigabyte, never had a problem with either : ) Really hate coolermaster "Customer Support" :pfff:

My brother and my step dad got my into PC's, my bro had an uber PC and so I wanted one too. My step dad showed me how to build a PC. I really wanted to play UT and CSS at LAN's : )

L1qu1d, Your beyond generous :sol:

Ooh, ooh, me, me.

Okay so maybe some are more needy than me since I already have something just as good. Still, a nice giveaway and there might be some poor sole still running a 8800 or something that could really benefit from this.

Pailin

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2007
wow L1qu1d thats a very kind move, hope you enjoy your giveaway!!!

Well if you don't try, you don't get!
I once, well 3 times actually in a row, won our schools annual raffle top prize :D :bounce: :D

I wish you luck too sir!

I think I will be back with my entry soon also ~_^

Thats it. You have to be in it to win it. : )

Congrats on your triple raffle win! Very impressive. Good luck to you too ;)

I totally want to enter this, as I like having more toys to play with. However, think I would feel bad if I won over someone that would really benefit from the winnings.

L1qu1d: Is this really open to anyone as long as they post the requirements? Is it an all names in a hat and whoever wins wins? Just curious.

L1qu1d

Splendid
Sep 29, 2007
I just give each user a number in the order they posted then rAndomly generate a number.

I made it more luck orientated, because I've had slot of luck lately and I want to pass on that luck to others. But I will be looking for all the reqs and taking ppm out that put in little effort.

You have to somewhat earn that 5870 in a way at least haha.

No restrictions, any1 can enter, I prefer pol with out 5xx0 series but the number generator speaks.

Anyways Gluck !

demonnn

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2009
thanks for this give away .

my system specs are as follows :
Intel Q9550 2.83 ghz
mobo: Gigabyte Ga-g41m-es2l
4gb patriot ram 800 mhz ddr2
Ati 4770 Radeon HD Sapphire
120gb DW HDD
LG DVD Burner
PSU: Antec EA650 650WATT
Generic Case that I will change.
22" Samsung monitor
dsc07175.jpg

3dmark Vantage:
capturesm.png

I got into computers because I play VGs, and use a few programs for school to learn (3d animation,after effects), so I need a strong computer, and I don't have money to get a pre build one. That's why I decided to build myself. This pc cost ~$630 minus the HDD. Do not have any console to speak of . I play games on my PC.

My favorite brands are Evga, Gigabyte,asus, intel,sapphire etc.
:)

I would like to max any game with that 5870
haha. :D

thanks.

pict0023w.jpg

Hmmm how about something for my ATI box.

Ga-ma790x-ds4
4gb (4x1gb)
3800x2 + (oc 2.4ghz)
Cooler is generic but served well with ram cooling mod.
HDD1 640gb WD
HDD2 160gb seagate (IDE)
psu Antec Neo HE550 (overvolt on 12v line)
Dimond 3870
Ati Tv Wonder 550
Case yes its really old its 11 years old :pt1cable: but hey it will fit any card out there including the oem cards with those cool handles or the rare v56. (voodoo5 6000) Feb 1999

As for 3D mark I can't run it due to my Dell CRT defaults to 1024x768 which limits my secondary display.

Not much of a fanboy of any thing except I loathe Apple.

Got into computers in the 6th grade starting out on vintage 90s and late 80s rigs. Still wanting an Amiga. I specialize in hardware mainly cooling.

gafgaarion

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010
ohhai

Computer:
ThermalTake M-9 case
ThermalTake SpinQ Heatsink
Corsair 750W PSU
Asus P6T mobo
i7-920 CPU @ stock
6 GB Ram OCZ 1333mhz 7-7-7-20
XFX Radeon HD 5850 @ stock
WD Velociraptor 300Gb HDD for games and windows
Seagate Barracuda 500Gb HDD for data

Monitors:
Samsung Syncmaster P2250
Bravia KDL-40Z4100 HDTV via HDMI

Razer salmosa and razer kb ofc =D

2) Picture of Setup

I'll edit and post when I get home! (making good use of my lunch time at job atm) ;)

EDIT:

DSCF0161.jpg

DSCF0160.jpg

Mydesktop.png

I knooooooooooooooow
My PSU wires are a mess, I'm sooorry XD

3DMark Vantage results:
http://service.futuremark.com/resultAnalyzer.action?resultId=2014198&resultType=19

3DMark06 :
SM 2.0 Score: 6697
SM 3.0 Score: 8268
CPU Score: 4845

I used to buy my computers already setup, but then realized how much more I could gain from building them by myself (price vs power ratio). I became a power freak as soon as I started building. :lol: Fell in love with tweaking and comparing hardware =D Ofc, my rig ain't the best atm but I'm definitely working on it!!

Annnnd ofc, I love games ;D

For videocards, I totally love XFX for this simple reason: their customer support is kickass.

Never thought someone would ever donate a jewel like a 5870 =D you're the nuts L1qu1d~

Yeah for that reason I will sit this out. I'd hope people with 58xx and high-end Nvidia cards would sit out as well. Let the people with last gen or lowerend cards enter and win something big. I honestly don't think I need 2 of these in my rig. If I had won it, though I would have gone out and bought 2 used identical displays of my 22" and ran eyefinity. Cool, but unnecessary.

Good luck all. I will be anxious to see who wins.

RULES/CONDITIONS:

<--Main Rig-->
Intel C2Q 8200.
HD4650
4GB DDR3-1066.
300W PSU (Obviously an upgrade would be in order).
640Gbs.

<--Secondary Rig-->
Intel C2D E1400 (planning on upgrading from summer-money)
7600GT
2GB DDR2-667
200W PSU
320Gbs

<--Parent's rig-->
AMD Athlon 3400+ 2ghz
Radeon x700
1GB DDR-400
350W PSU
2x160Gbs

<--First Rig Ever...died-->
AMD Athlon...something. 1ghz
FX5200
256MB DDR-266
300W PSU
30Gbs

2) Picture of Setup
<--Pending-->
<--Pending-->
I'm looking to be an engineer for ATI when I get older. Tech support has always been easy for me, and I know computers will end up being my life. Sadly since I'm still 15, I can't legally get a job and buy a good computer, but I might get a job at MicroCenters this December/January (still a long way to go).
I really don't have a preference. None of my games I play benefit from overclocking, so I don't care for ASUS. My favorite would have to be either Sapphire for their awesome cooling designs, or XFX for theirs and their warranty.
6)No NV fanboys/Girls :p haha
I'll try :3.
Optional

6) Anything you want to add
The best graphics card I've ever had in my life is my current HD4650. Since I upgraded to full 1080p though, it's obviously lacking. Not expecting any sort of upgrade until Mid-Winter. I'm planning on moving my Q8200Rig into a bigger case in summer.

Shipping will be covered by winner:)
Winner will be covered by shipping.

Unrelated, but SILVER BADGE; YEAH!

Annisman

Distinguished
May 5, 2007
Just have to say L1Quid, this is unbelievable!

Somebody is going to be very blessed by this.

Anyways, I would actually like to enter, if you don't mind. My brother could use an upgrade in the gpu department,so that's who I would give it to if I miraculously won, I imagine there will be many entries. is that ok with you ?

I'd actually like to leave the givaway. I've already won 2 givaways and I feel I have a good enough PC as it is, and someone else would certainly benifit from a HD5870 more than I would.

So if its alright with L1qu1d please don't enter me into the draw.

jonnyboyC

Distinguished
May 11, 2009
1)
System Specs
CPU:intel core i7 920 @ 3.8ghz
Motherboard: EVGA X58 Tri-SLI
GPU: EVGA gtx 275 ftw
RAM: OCZ platinum 1600mhz 7-8-7-21
HDD: 2x 640gb WD raid 0
PSU corsair 850TX

2)
system picture
2010-03-0416-20-43435.jpg

3)
3dmark vantage stuff
benchmarkscreenshot.png

4) Write a little bit about what/why you got into computers?
Well i actually had never built a system until last May it was what all my high school graduation money got me. I'd always been a fan of RTS games, and when our family desktop just wasn't cutting it, i looked into upgrading it, which blew up into wanting to just build the whole thing. Which i was really glad i did it's become sort of a hobby and has been floating my mind to major in computer sciences

5) What BRands do you prefer (eg, BFG over Asus etc)
Well it's hard to say since this has been my first build, but i guess i'm definilty an EVGA fan, motherboard and card was priced a bit higher than the competition, but it turned out ot be a good thing. Got 2 free games, and their super awesome overclocking utility percision and E-leet.

6)No NV fanboys/Girls :p haha
I try to be as unbaised as possible

7) anything you want to add
I would definilty say it's a learning experience, probably know 10 times more about computers than a year ago, and i can now see the flaw in my own build, I've just been bubbling about these new cards for both red and green team coming out and would die to get one (free would be amazing)

notty22

Distinguished

I5 750~Gigabyte ud4p p55 m/b
Antec 300 case
Antec ea650 psu
ATI 4770 xfx
corsair h50-1 cooler
ocz ddr3 Obsidian
Kingston ssd 40
WD black 1tb
WD 37g raptor
20' Dell 1680x1050
Everything was bought on sale,combo deals.

2:) pics may come, only camera phone
3:) 3dmark o6 both cpu and gpu o/c 18110, with cpu at 2.8 and gpu stock 13500.
3dmark vantage cpu and gpu o/c 10,040.
4:) Why I got in to computers, my dad worked at IBM, field engineer. I used to play with
spare parts as a kid. He was allowed a massive inventory, and sometimes kept exchanged parts. This was the 70's. We built a heathkit color tv together. He bought one of the first IBM home pc's through company program. Drifted away from computers for a while, got back in when the Internet came about (prodigy). Had the original cacheless Celeron, 3dfx voodoo card/matrox millenium. That case/m/b stayed in use until 2004 !
Very much like how computing is evolving/blending in with the home theatre.
My old computer serving as my htpc(which i use 90% vs cable tuner) 8600gt just died.
I would move my ati 4770 to that, with a new gpu in my main computer.
Thanks
511111461_1800329532_0.jpg

3dnark06.jpg

vantagenotty.png

5:) Brands, I prefer Intel. HP printers . Video cards, Nvidia or ATI and maybe someday Intel. Panasonic and Sony for home electronics.
6:) Covered by running a ATI gpu .

flyinfinni

Distinguished
May 29, 2009
Wow L1qu1d- thats quite the generous giveaway! Here is my entry:)

1)Post your System Specs
My system is an Intel Core i5 750 OCed to 3.6 GHz on an MSI P55-GD80, cooled by a Xigmatec HDT-S1283. I’ve got 4 gb of Patriot ViperII Sector V DDR3 1600.
I’ve got a Thermaltake Toughpower XT 750 modular PSU, a 500GB WD Caviar black as my boot drive, with 2x320GB Caviar Blue’s for storage. I’m powering my 23” dell display with one ATI Engineering sample 5750 crossfired with an XFX 5750. All of this neatly contained withing my CoolerMaster RC-690.

2) Picture of Setup
IMG_2840.jpg

IMG_2841.jpg

IMG_2842.jpg

For more pics:
http://s561.photobucket.com/albums/ss55/flyinfinni/My%20Rig/

My 3dMark Vantage score is 14727 3dMarks with a CPU score of 16265 and a GPU score of 14277.
http://service.futuremark.com/resultAnalyzer.action?resultId=2001821&resultType=19

4)Write a little bit about what/why you got into computers
I got into computers when I was quite young when my dad had to add a parallel port (needed another printer connection) to our old PC (I think it was an ancient 386…). After opening the thing up and trying to get the extra parallel card installed, I really kept wanting to learn more about it. Since then, I’ve been learning more and building more computers and having a blast. I’m not an Electrical engineer. I think the first PC I build was a AMD K62 475 Mhz with an Asus Mobo (don’t remember which one) and I think I used the IGP… lol.

Lately, I’ve been really impressed with MSI. I’ve gotten several of their motherboards in the last few months and really liked them. I’ve also always been a fan of Western Digital for Hard drives (probably couldn’t tell from my builds could ya :-D

6)Anything you want to add
I just wanted to add what I will do with the hardware I currently have, should I be the lucky guy to win this. One 5750 will go into my Wife’s PC (AMD AthlonII x3 unlocked to x4 currently using my old 4870). The other 5750 will go to my Church (been building them a new computer for powering our audio-visual system and having problems with my 4860 and the projector). The 4870 and 4860 I will give away to people who need them (most likely, at least one of them will be given away here on the boards :). I would love to keep passing the love down through the community.

Wow - L1qu1d thats a pretty nice give away - I'll edit this post later this evening with the entry info and I'll even go one step further - I currently have a 5770 in my system (was the most I could afford to spend when upgrading) but a 5870 would be a great step up that I can't really spend the $ on right now but if I do happen to win it, I'll then put the 5770 that it will replace up for someone else to win (figure it's only fair to keep the giveaways going and I'm sure someone could use a 5770 (either to setup in xfire if they have one already or to replace an older card)

Good luck to all that enter and thanks for being so generous will update this post with the requested info later.

EDIT : TO add the requested info !!

1) Post your System Specs :

Phenom II X3 720 Unlocked 4th core running OC'd to 3.2Ghz. @ 1.312 Core Voltage
Cooler MAster TX3 HEatsink with Dual 90mm Fans in push\pull config
GIGABYTE GA-MA790GPT-UD3H AM3 AMD 790GX MOBO
2GB. Crucial Ballistix DDR3 1800 8-8-8-24 1.9V running @ 1600 8-8-8-24-1T 1.7V
Saphire 5770 1 GB. v2 (egg shaped cooler) running @ stock
500 GB. MAXTOR STM3500630AS Hdds
Creative Xtreme Gamer Sound card
XG Magnum 500W Modular Ultra silent PSU
CompuCase HEC Prime Black Mid Tower case with added Zalman 120mm front intake fan

2) Picture of Setup :

PICT0216-1.jpg

PICT0217.jpg

PICT0212.jpg

Stats02.jpg

Vantage :
vantage.jpg

Been Building and repairing systems since 1982 - first system was a Panasonic Sr. Partner suitcase portable with 512MB maximum system RAM - builtin 9" green monochrome display - 2 5.25" floppy drives that cost $2195 with Dos 2.1, Windows 1A, Lotus 123 v 1.0. and a 128K Baud Modem - Started playing text based games on it ( Zork I, Deadline, etc. from Infocom) and simple graphics games (Pacman, Dig Dug, Robotron 2084) and have been gamiong on the PC ever since !! (and as a gamer had to get into building\repairing PCs to keep up performance)

Have always tried to support the underdog companies (ie. used to have a NexGen NX586-p90 prior to them being bought out by AMD and several Cyrix based systems.) - due to a dislike of Intel's business practices during those years and still usually use non intel based products. For MOBOs normally stick to Gigabyte or Asus in that order, for GPU's BFG, Sapphire,XFX. For memory Crucial, A-Data, and Patriot (though usually try to find the best price\performance)

6) Anything you want to add

Just have to add that I can not believe all of the people actually questioning your motives for this giveaway (talk about looking a gift horse in the mouth !) - I for one must say it is a very generous thing for you to do and like you - I also believe that you get what you give.

awww, i can't enter, i don't have anyway of taking a picture (since i normally would never take a picture)

though i would not be entering to get it for myself, i would be trying to get it for a friend who has a 4850

and awesome that you are doing this btw, props to you , i plan on doing a tournament in the summer for one, the Lan is massive lan

anyone in western NY should try to come

Annisman

Distinguished
May 5, 2007

I live in North Tonawanda, where is this Lan my friend ?

jonpaul37

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
System Specs:

Case: Sunbeam Silent Storm

PSU: PC Power & Cooling Silencer 610 Watt Power supply EPS12V 49a on 12v rail

Motherboard: ASUS P5Q Pro LGA 775

CPU: Intel Q6600

RAM: G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit F2-6400CL5D-4GBPQ

Video Card: ASUS EAH5870/2DIS/1GD5/A Radeon HD 5870

Heatsink/Fan: Xigmatek HDT s1283

Hard Drive: WD Black 640-Gig 7,200 RPM 32-MB cache

Optical: SAMSUNG 24X DVD+R

Picture of Setup:

100_0246.jpg

Look at the size of the 5870! i measured it, it fits in my case by about 7mm also, notice the side-bar, it is VERY nice for extra cooling

100_0241.jpg

3Dmark06/Vantage results:

CPU: 12549
GPU: 18354
TOTAL: P16452

OC-3.jpg

A little bit about what/why i got into computers:

Everquest, hands down, worked with a friend back in 1999 when EQ was in beta and he told me about this RPG game where i could actually join up with others and meet common goals. I thought this was the most brilliant thing i have ever heard at the time. Anyway, the computer i had was a joke and could not handle it, so i called a local guy who all but raped me in selling me a video card and sound card for WAY more than what i could have bought them for @ Comp USA, so at that moment i learned to do the research myself, 11 years later and i would like to thank that jerk who screwed me over, otherwise i might have not learned this lesson and still paying way too much for a dell :) well, not really, but you get my drift.

Brands i prefer:

For Nvidia, i go with EVGA, i've not tried anything else, never had one issue with EVGA brand.
For ATI, i never went with anything other than Sapphire up until i got the 5870 which is ASUS, have never had an issue with either
I will use both AMD & Intel CPU's
I like Corsair or PC Power & Cooling PSU's

No NV fanboys/Girls:

I am a fanboy of anything that is not Apple/Mac :)

Anything i want to add:

I know you prefer that people with 5xxx series video cards not apply but i am applying for just cause, you see, my brother just started getting into gaming about 4 months ago and he does it on his laptop. I am secretly building him a rig that should be able to make his gaming experience MUCH better. It will consist of the Q6600/G Skill DDR2 RAM/ASUS P5Q Pro that i currently have in my working rig, as for me, i am buying an i5 750/ASUS P&P55 Pro/G Skill Ripjaws. So, if i had another 5870 for him, that would be fantastic, otherwise, he will have to settle for a 4850 as i have no more $$$ to spare after i buy him a case, power supply, hard drive & monitor, the rest i have.