ati 64mb, or the more expensive 32mb GTS2

G

ati 64mb, or the more expensive 32mb GTS2.

I have seen contradicting benchmarks, some say that radeon
is better in 32bit, high res, while otheres say GTS2 is.

I am leaning towards ati, cuase it has 2* ram, cheaper, and
better quality pic.

I am not going to wait for the next graphic card cause they will be too expensive.
Pluss there is a price cut reasently.

I have a amd, via mobo.
Does anyone have a sucessful similar setup with ati and amd?

Tempus

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2001
Don't be suckered in my 2x the ram! Who gives a peep? Benchmarks are where it is at. Have you looked at Tom's benchmarks? GTS wipes the Radeon into the floor in almost every test. And besides that, since when is the 64MB DD Radeon cheaper?

- "That's no moon, it's Rambus!"

G

64 ati is cheaper than 32gts2 in UK.

are U sure U are comparing 64 ati to the 32mb, not 64mb to 64 mb?

noko

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2001
I have a ATI 64 VIVO retail and it is simply an awesome card. 2d is the best I've seen, every game I throw at it is fluid at high res 32 bit >1024x768. I have a via/athlon setup using both WinMe and W2k. I am more into quality rendering, crisp 2d, detailed to the max 3d rendering than just FPS with crapola color, 2d, 3d. Everyone needs or wants are different. I use mine for DVD watching (just doen't get better than a ATI Radeon video card). Gaming. 3d modeling. Also I watch TV while I am on the net or working, rarely do I not do two or more things at once.

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by noko on 02/12/01 11:43 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

G

Huh? Not sure I follow...

Anyway, at my store, the ati is cheaper 32 vs 32, 64 vs 64. But you've found the 64 radeon cheaper than 32 gts?

<font color=red>Inconceivable!
<font color=blue> You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.<font color=black>

Tom Mc

Even a fool, when he remains silent, appears wise.

G

I am buying a radeon 64mb vivo thanks to noko's guidence. I can get it from a friend that owns a computer shop for the price of a geforce 2 32mb tv out. Ati can perform reasonably well against gefore II (plus all other good qualities that come with it) and costs way less. How can you go wrong?

G

I am getting it from www.dabs.com
U can search it.

Oh btw it is oem, therfore cheaper, ( I know about hte slower ram)

mm2k

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2001
Dabs now selling Radeon 64 VIVO (Retail) for £179. Asus V7700 is the other card I am considering at £176. The ATi far exceeds the GF2 on features, but I have heard of some problems with Radeons on AMD based boards. I am getting an Abit KT7A Raid with 1Gig TBird. (256MB CAS2 PC133 Crucial SDRAM).

JoeHead

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I dropped the GF2 for the Radeon. About 180 on the web, I paid 210 at the store. Less than the GF2 32. Love the graphics. Can't beleive the diff. Did have a little prob. with the drivers. Using unofficial at the ATI site and normal mode for my ABIT KA7 Athlon 750. Runs great in 10x7, just wher I played on the GF2.

<b> Fragg at will!!! </b>

G

Ummm, just to let you guys know, the ATI Radeon LE 32MB performs JUST as well as the 64MB Retail version.... the 64 is really rather unnecessary..... right now you can get the LE for 80-85 dollars AFTER shipping at places such as www.newegg.com stop and think about it, same amount of performance for less than half hte cost... I got two and am by no means dissappointed! get the Radeon now and wait until there is a WAY better video card out there worth that much money...

HIGH QUality QUAKE 3... my card does 40 FPS 1600x1200

Old addage: "Users never prosper" :eek:) Long live the tweakers

G

what are you talking about wusy? the differences between the cards is hardly noticeable, if any.... why recommend a more expensive card.. so you pay an extra 100 dollars for 5 frames a second? I guess if thats what serious gamers do, then thats what serious gamers do... as for me, I overclock my 85 dollar steal of a card to 200/200 and run QUake III in 32 bit faster than that card ever will

Old addage: "Users never prosper" :eek:) Long live the tweakers