ATI AIW 9000 vs. PowerDVD Capture functions

Thanks for replying...I like too Powerdvd but it capturse just in
BMP..huge!! I wonder why they dont use JPG..

Thanks again..

Mich

On Wed, 23 Jun 2004 23:26:50 GMT, "Laurence Wilmer"
<l.d.wilmer@nojunkmailbluyonder.co.uk> wrote:

>"Michael" <donmichaelo@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Where can I set the STILL capture resolution in the software which
>> comes with AIW 9000 PRO???
>> I can not find it and need to make a 1024X768 capture of a MEDICAL
>> video tape..
>>
>> THX
>>
>> Mich
>
>Hows about in PowerDVD - Advanced - Snapshot?
>
>Always use PDVD anyway, as find it much better than ATI Player.

> Guess:- JPGs are compressed, so need extra cpu time to make. Not what you
> need in the middle of a video - can always convert them yourself later with
> PSP or similar.
> Laurence

Thanks.
1- It is strange that in my past AIW MMC (ver. 7 and before)I always
had found several capture alternatives and options in a dropdown menu
(from 320 to 1024), but in my AIW9000 I can not find any other option
than a fixed 640X480 (?)
2- Do you really have done extensive tests between AIW and PowerDVD?
Would you share your findings??

Thanks again

Mich