ATI AIW 9800 Pro TV Problem

I'm running the following:
WIN XP Pro with SP2
Latest Catalyst drivers
MMC 8.5
This is a new installation and I've had this problem from the beginning.
Everything on the Graphics side is fine, the problem is with MMC, as soon as
I try the TV, it goes through all of the set-up, TV screen comes on for
about 2 secs. and then I get Error " The Instruction at '0x73dd11c7'
referenced memory at '0x00000004'. The memory could not be read." I've tried
evrything ATI are not being very helpful!!. Memory is all seated OK, memory
all checks out OK. MMC 9.02 will not install, it just hangs the machine
forever with Idriver.exe eating 100% of CPU !!

Any help would be appreciated, I'm kind of tearing my hair out and not very
happy with ATI Support either

"Bob Johnston" <bob.johnston@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> I'm running the following:
> WIN XP Pro with SP2
> Latest Catalyst drivers
> MMC 8.5
> This is a new installation and I've had this problem from the beginning.
> Everything on the Graphics side is fine, the problem is with MMC, as soon
> as I try the TV, it goes through all of the set-up, TV screen comes on for
> about 2 secs. and then I get Error " The Instruction at '0x73dd11c7'
> referenced memory at '0x00000004'. The memory could not be read." I've
> tried evrything ATI are not being very helpful!!. Memory is all seated OK,
> memory all checks out OK. MMC 9.02 will not install, it just hangs the
> machine forever with Idriver.exe eating 100% of CPU !!
>
> Any help would be appreciated, I'm kind of tearing my hair out and not
> very happy with ATI Support either
The fact the TV comes on briefly for a couple of seconds is a bit of a
giveaway that the PSU may be struggling to meet the demands of the card
since when its in TV mode the power demanded is higher. This is also a
likely cause of those obscure messages your getting since you've ruled out
the memory as a cause. What PSU are using and what bits are in your machine?
Do you have another high power PSU that you could temporarily swap over just
for testing purposes? I've not seen the IDriver.exe problem before but that
IDriver file is associated with Installshield. You'll need to ensure all
traces of MMC 8.5 are off the system before installing MMC 9.02 as MMC
doesn't like being upgraded over the top of older installations. Its also
worth carefully reading all the prerequisite instructions etc on ATIs
website re all the bits and pieces that must be installed prior to MMC in
what order etc

Paul