ATI AIW Radeon settings Please Help!

G

Surprise, I own a ATI AIW Radeon and I need help! I recently installed this card. I replaced a Rage Pro and a TV Wonder in doing so. Immediatly I was having issues. When I would try to load the tv I would get an error saying RESMNGR was missing, (this is not the issue on RESMNGR that ATI documents on their supposed tech help) and the program would shut down. I was having other similar problems, launchpad would not load - file semmed to be missing. (Do not want launchpad anyway, but..) After trying to uninstall everything and start fresh, I was getting sick of it. Then I popped the old disk (tv wonder) back in and reloaded the TV Program. The problem went away. However, now I can not get into the settings of any of the video file programs, (you know right click on the runnning program and select settings) TV, DVD or file player. I get an ATIMMC error and the program exits. I noticed that sometimes the shortcut links (for the actual programs, TV ..) were pointing to ATIMMC and sometimes to RESMNGR. NOw I do not know if I'm having issues because the computer thinks I have a TV wonder or if the Radeon board or software is problematic. I think, that I may be actually using those older TV wonder drivers, as crazy as that my sound. But at least it allows tv watching. But I can not get to settings, so I can not change the resolution for the TV capture or brightness settings etc. Additionally, and it may be in the set up or not but sometimes when the TV loads it turns on the parental controls thus scrambling the recption. I can not seem to find anywhere to permently disavle this. PLEASE HELP!

G

before upgrading, did you uninstall the drivers and set the adapter to be a standard VGA? i upgraded from an AIW Pro (rage chip on board) to the AIW Radeon. the old ATI viewcenter probably isn't compatable with the radeon either- if you have an athlon system, get the latest via drivers, that will fix many problems, and perhaps even ATI's beta driver, that cleared up alot of the tv viewing problems for me- as for my initiall install, i recall the file missing problem, i think i finally got it working by running the install programs individually from the deep recesses of the cd instead of the program that installs them all in a row.. hopefully some of that nonsense will help