ATI Catalyst 10.3 Drivers Offer Gaming Boosts

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I noticed a couple FPS gain w/ Assassin's Creed 2 also. While running 3x1 eyefinity.

JeanLuc

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2002
Nice jump in performance and that's without the little extra bonus that Nvidia gave some of their customers when they found out there video card had melted after installing the driver!

G

Is this version going to fix the gray line issue? Or ATI simply doesn't care?

t0r012

Distinguished
May 6, 2009
this is interesting. with word on the street that the GTX4x0 being 5-10% faster than the corresponding 58x0
looking at some of these driver improvements such as
-Improves up to 10% with Anti-Aliasing enabled on ATI Radeon HD 5000 Series products
-Improves up to 5% on ATI Radeon HD 5000 Series products
- Improves up to 20% on ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series products

seems like when the new GTXs come out they are going to be real close. That should only last till Nvidia's first driver update.

Seems to me Nvidia drivers jump in leaps and bounds and ATI are smaller incremental updates. Strange when you see a 4870x2 snuck up on the gtx295. But when you look back though the benches you see them getting closer and closer.

G

Since I installed Cat. 10.2( Now I have 10.3), I never had the line issue.

znegval

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2009
Am I talking nonsense or did they nearly beat the nvidia-claimed few percent better performance by fermi just with a driver update?

thedreadfather

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2009
5-10% faster than what?

This was expected and I can say I'm really excited that they were able to offer better performance. When I'm able to afford it, I'm without a doubt buying an ATi card. I can't say how Fermi will perform, but if the sources are correct, I'm not paying $350-500 for the top two cards when "5-10%" costs so much less. Prove me wrong nVidia. Please?

curnel_D

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2007
It brought back my stuttering issue in Far Cry 2, but aside from that, performance has increased in almost every single game.

AMD's said that they've already worked out performance enhancements for Bad Company 2 as well, to be released sometime in the future.

dranicus

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2010
Ati just needs to keeping refining their drivers for the 5000 and the 4000 to keep them in the front of the gpu war. The hardware is there and it is proven that it can kick out high-end graphics while using less power. I own two 4890's and single 5770 and a 8800gtx. The best performing card per-watt is the 5770 by far and with the upcoming driver revisions these cards are only going to get more efficent. Fermi well thats a whole other story.

[citation][nom]enzo matrix[/nom]No love for the 3800 series?[/citation]

Its getting too old. When the 4800 series came out, they stopped updates for the HD2900 series.

And this isn't new. Most driver updates are bug fixes and game performance increases.

Status
Not open for further replies.