ATI chipsets that support multiple VGA monitors

Skier

Hi,

I see a lot of Radeon 7000 and newer that have both a VGA and a DVI port.
Do all of these cards support dual VGA with a DVI/VGA adapter? I notice
that some of the newer cards from some manufacturers contain the DVI
adapters and others don't. I need the dual vga, but really don't need the
speed of a newer card. I currently run a Matrox G450/32DDR but it is too
slow and doesn't have a big enough frame buffer.

Also does anyone know of a website that compares all these video chipsets
for speed? For example how much faster is Radeon 7000 to a Radeon 9600
etc.

Thanks for your help.

Tom

"Skier" <geoman39@charter.net> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I see a lot of Radeon 7000 and newer that have both a VGA and a DVI port.
> Do all of these cards support dual VGA with a DVI/VGA adapter? I notice
> that some of the newer cards from some manufacturers contain the DVI
> adapters and others don't. I need the dual vga, but really don't need the
> speed of a newer card. I currently run a Matrox G450/32DDR but it is too
> slow and doesn't have a big enough frame buffer.
>
> Also does anyone know of a website that compares all these video chipsets
> for speed? For example how much faster is Radeon 7000 to a Radeon 9600
> etc.
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> Tom

This one
http://www6.tomshardware.com/graphic/20030120/vgacharts-05.html
actually has the 7000 and 9600, but its getting a bit dated, doesn't include
the 9800.

HTH,
Laurence