ati color annoyance

jihiggs

Splendid
Oct 11, 2001
i have a saphire 9500 pro radeon running dual monitors. my second monitor is old and is too dark (even with the brightness and contrast up) so i use the ati control panel thing to raise the gamma. it works perfectly, the color is as close as i can get it. the only problem is when i restart the color settings are default. i just open the control panel and the color settings are still as i set them but they dont take effect until i open the properties and hit ok. this happen to any one else? is there a fix, workaround?

wpdclan.com cs game server - 69.12.5.119:27015

Which CATs are you working with. I know this was an issue with some games (not sure if it also applied to desktop use), and that there was a recent fix in a recent release. You might wanna check the 'fixes' section of the drivers.

Just a guess, don't know for sure.

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! <A HREF="http://www.redgreen.com" target="_new"><font color=green>RED</font color=green> <font color=red>GREEN</font color=red></A> GA to SK :evil:

jankphil

Distinguished
May 17, 2002
this is pretty common with the ati drivers, i've seen a few ppl go to rage3d.com and talk to the catalyst maker, so we may see the fix in the 3.8 cats.

"What kind of idiot are you?"
"I don't know, what kinds are there?"