ATI HD 2600 XT AGP version shows image once I received it, and never again since

aqgon_6

Commendable
Mar 1, 2018
Hello everyone.

I recently bought an ATI HD 2600 XT AGP version to complement a former Windows XP machine that I had in the past, I haven't touched the PC for years.

The day I received the graphics card I slotted it in and it did show on the monitor as it booted, culminating in "Bad checksum!". Since I did not had the time to proceed to address this or to format and reinstall XP on the machine, I shut it down and let it be until I had the chance.

Today I turned it on and the image never appears on the monitor either on VGA or on DVI, not after reinserting the card, removing and reapplying the board's battery, etc. What could possibly be the problem?

It's strange because the original graphics card on this pc, an ATI 9600 Pro also showed image the first time I turned the pc on after all these years, and never did it since also, and I bought this one for that reason...

Thank you for all your help and replies!

Solution
It can run even an Sata 2 or sata 3 HDD since i have 775Dual-Vsta with Sata 1. soo in short you can, it can be just slower cause of the capabilites of the motherboard.

aqgon_6

Commendable
Mar 1, 2018

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, while I was awaiting answers I replaced the board battery and checked the RAM stick by stick. Finally got it to boot!

The pc's motherboard is an Asus K8V-X, I bought a 500GB disk to replace the old broken one, but it's not getting recognised by the BIOS... If it's not too much to ask, could anyone give me some tips? The Disk is SATA 1 I think, is it too modern for the board, even though the board supports SATA?

aqgon_6

Commendable
Mar 1, 2018

Thank you so much for your help, will go ahead with it!