ATI HD 5770 Three Monitors

Zrutfield

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2009
I have an ATI HD 5770 card in my computer. I have 2 monitors and an HDTV that I want to connect it to. I have one on the DVI, another on a second DVI with a DVI-VGA adapter, and the HDTV on the DisplayPort with a DisplayPort to HDMI adapter, because I have read that one of the monitors has to be on DisplayPort. I am using Windows Vista Ultimate, and my problem is that the Catalyst Control Center will only allow two monitors, of any combination, to be displayed at a time. Was I misinformed and the card cannot support 3 monitors on its own? Any help is appreciated.

Solution
You have to use an active DisplayPort converter, they run about $80-100. active meaning it has to have a USB plug in so it supplys power signal back to the card or it will not work. ATI F*** us over on this. I have the same issue with mine, and confirmed it with ATI customer service.

Mazzi

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2009
You have to use an active DisplayPort converter, they run about $80-100. active meaning it has to have a USB plug in so it supplys power signal back to the card or it will not work. ATI F*** us over on this. I have the same issue with mine, and confirmed it with ATI customer service.

Solution