ATI HD 5770

formula16

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2009
Hey i'm kinda new here and also with computers in general, so please be gentle

Well i had an old computer and it had integrated graphics and like a gb of ram and i tried to play COD 4 and it was TERRIBLE.

so im wondering, for my new PC, will an ATI HD 5770 Graphics card be able to run most FPS games on high settings decently?

If not, any reccomendations?

Thanks everyone ;)

Hi, welcome to the forum.
So what is it you are doing then ? looking at what to get in a shop bought rig or do you plan to try building your own ?
Either way the rest of the system is going to depend on which GPU will be best for you.
Please post the rest of the specs you are looking at, even if its only a ballpark idea.
The main things will be the size and resolution of the monitor and your CPU choice. For what i would call a midrange PC, with say a 1680x1050 display the 5770 would be fine for most games but may well struggle to get max settings on games like Crysis. Anything bigger than that resolution wise then i would start looking at the 5850.

Mactronix

:D

Dont worry mate! Sapphire is the manufacturer. ATI is the chip maker and the the card is HD5850. Many manufacturers are there in the market. You will find XFX ATI HD5850, Asus ATI HD5850, Sapphire ATI HD5850, MSI ATI HD5850. Where XFX, MSI, Asus, Sapphire are manufacturers. They all offer pretty much the same only difference is the warranty and the cost of brand reputation. In the case of ATI, trust Sapphire eyes closed.

formula16

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2009

ok thanks :)

G

Hi there!

I am also building my own machine and in search for more infos and reviews on the hd 5770, I've ended up been brought to this forum.

I would like to ask if you would also have a saying about a Crossfire in between 2 HD 5770 instead of one HD 5850 or 70 for the purposes of running extreme games in extreme resolutions?

May that may be a better alternative???

Kind Regards,
A.P.

HD5770 crossfire would give you performance quite similar to HD5870. But its definitely better than HD5850. But you must have a good cabinet with decent enough airflow otherwise two cards may run a little hot. Also you need a good PSU.

G

Thanks!!!

The Crossfire price is like 50 bucks cheaper then the HD 5850, in average ... and over 100 cheaper then the HD 5870 ...

Do you think a LC Power Arkangel 850W PSU will do it???

Kind Regards,

TRENDING THREADS