ATI is out for revenge!

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
nVidia was the #1 choice for graphics cards amoung enthusiasts and still is. But ATI is fighting back. Look at the number of leaked drivers + beta drivers + the recently published certified 6015 driver on Microsoft's website + the # of released graphics cards since September!

First of all, since Septemeber the following cards were released from ATI:

ATI Radeon 7500
ATI Radeon 8500
ATI All in Wonder Radeon 8500DV
ATI All in Wonder Radeon 7500

and look at the sheer number of the now unified drivers released for the Radeon series! Now look at the recently released Microsoft-certified driver on Windows Update! I can't believe Microsoft is posting stuff for ATI! How did they do it? BTW, does Microsoft post nVidia drivers on Windows Update?

Good work ATI! BTW, without any overclocking or tweaking my score in 3DMark2001 is ~7500 under WinXP. Not bad at all. I get over 42fps in Nature! Quake III is about 2-3 fps faster than the last beta drivers, as well. UT seems to perform well too, but I haven't benchmarked it yet. I haven't tested Giants yet, either. All trolling, flaming,raving, comments are welcome... Yes, I'll be happy to argue with you here all day, hehe :wink: j/k.

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor

FatBurger

Illustrious
BTW, does Microsoft post nVidia drivers on Windows Update?

Yes, they do. Think of MS Update's driver updates as an extension of the built-in drivers in Windows. If there is an updated WHQL driver for your scanner for example, it'll be downloaded.

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
Yes, they do. Think of MS Update's driver updates as an extension of the built-in drivers in Windows. If there is an updated WHQL driver for your scanner for example, it'll be downloaded.
Interesting! Microsoft is doing a wonderful job in improving Windows Update!

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor