ATI makes a funny on Nvidia

notty22

Distinguished
Took a snap of the Fermi rig.
fermiwithfans.png

its true that 470/480 are power hungry card but i think they made good improvement with GTX460 in power usage, heat and noise. maybe next gen nvidia should concentrate more on bringing out more 'green' card since some people really do care about it more than performance XD

You guys are so rapt you missed the point. Been a long time since I've seen TRUTH in advertising. Nvidia cards are hot. I'm in the process of retiring my nvidia based "everyday" machine because of heat. Can't stand it anymore. The 5000 series are some of the coolest running cards I've ever seen. With the release of Fermi and the smaller die you'd think that nvidia's would be cooler too, but they're not. Something lacking in that company. And before you call me a fan boy..... ratio of Nvidia to ati..... 6/1.....................

Haserath

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010
What would've made it funnier is if they had another house's power consumption with AMD/ATI computer and it was half of a normal house's power consumption :p .

ElMoIsEviL

Distinguished

I thought it was hilarious actually.

I've said for years that their drivers were crap and I'm always shouted down with cries of "they've got much better" and "both sides have their problems", are you saying that I might have been right all along?

Yes your were right all along. Ati may bring out a good driver every once in awhile but most are terrbile and so inconsistant.

If the 10.8's aren't any better than the 10.4's then I'm putting my HD5850's on ebay.

:lol: Thanks for that! Man am I going to sleep soundly tonight, if I can fit my ego through the bedroom door first of course. :lol:

You get shouted down in the same manner that those who say nVidia's IQ sucks and they cheat/floptimize get shouted down.

Funny you seem to talk as much about ATi drivers when they have no problems yet nV does, as when they do have problems then you use that to justify your previous comments.

ATi drivers currently suck, but when nV was struggling with their drivers and ATi wasn't you still had the same broken record about drivers. :pfff:

I give more weight to those who had no issues and then have issues instead of always crying 'drivers!' err.. Wolf!

ElMoIsEviL

Distinguished

What issues are you having?

Naw you're not right. I don't have a single issue to report.

I base some (and only some) on the monthly "ATi xx.x drivers out" thread that always appears and the consequent "It doesn't work for me" type posts that always follow together with comments like "AMD's drivers can be fussy." and "Installing the drivers for Nvidia graphics cards usually goes flawlessly, and the cards are immediately recognized as an SLI configuration. Things can be a bit more problematic with AMD" and the rest on what I experiance in the real world and in that world I find Nvidia drivers to be less problematic than ATi ones.

Power play not idling my cards to 157/300, idles to 400/OC mem, If I leave my cards at stock it works ok, but who in there right mind leaves there cards at stock? this issue is with Cat 10.5 >

Texture flictering in BF:BC2 on 10.4 >

Crossfire is never enabled after a reboot. (why?!!) on All drivers I've tried.