RJ

My Computer Configuration is:

AMD 1.26 gig
526 mgs of RAM
ATI Raedon 9000Pro 128 meg
XP Home
Audigy Sound Card

The Problem:

I cannot get the LaunchPad and any of its features to work. When I start up
Windows the LaunchPad tries to start up but tells that ATISSERV failed to
provide required interfaces. I close that window then go to programs to
open LaunchPad manually but get the same message. When I try opening CD
AUDIO, VIDEO CD, File Player, or DVD I get a message saying ATISSERV
Registry Access failed at Start up. When I try to open LIBRARY I get a
message saying that the program is unable to load language resources, it
then tells me to reinstall the software. The Catalyst program included was
version 2.2 , Multimedia Center is version 7.8.0.1. along with the various
included files.

What I have tried to fix this mess:
1. Reinstall the whole program, drivers and all. Failure.
2. Downloaded Updates from ATI. The Updates didn't work, got the same
message. I even tried older versions of the software which didn't work.
3. Re-installed XP. Nothing changed.

Anyone have any ideas of what I should do now?

"RJ" <mariusbg@comcast.net> wrote in message
> My Computer Configuration is:
>
> AMD 1.26 gig
> 526 mgs of RAM
> ATI Raedon 9000Pro 128 meg
> XP Home
> Audigy Sound Card
>
> The Problem:
>
> I cannot get the LaunchPad and any of its features to work. When I start
up
> Windows the LaunchPad tries to start up but tells that ATISSERV failed to
> provide required interfaces. I close that window then go to programs to
> open LaunchPad manually but get the same message. When I try opening CD
> AUDIO, VIDEO CD, File Player, or DVD I get a message saying ATISSERV
> Registry Access failed at Start up. When I try to open LIBRARY I get a
> message saying that the program is unable to load language resources, it
> then tells me to reinstall the software. The Catalyst program included
was
> version 2.2 , Multimedia Center is version 7.8.0.1. along with the various
> included files.
>
> What I have tried to fix this mess:
> 1. Reinstall the whole program, drivers and all. Failure.
> 2. Downloaded Updates from ATI. The Updates didn't work, got the same
> message. I even tried older versions of the software which didn't work.
> 3. Re-installed XP. Nothing changed.
>
> Anyone have any ideas of what I should do now?

Try the latest Catalyst/MMC versions. Although still buggy trashware, it
generally only gets worse the further back you go.

---

Andrew

Get the latest -- BTW, just how long have you HAD the video card and those
old drivers? Seems odd they're SO far apart in release. I thought the
9000Pro was a DX9 card and the MMC 7 is DX8 -- right?

Go to ATi's site, get all that, go to MS and get DX9b and their Media
encoder download. Do the uninstall ATI says, install the two MS above, and
reinstall the CAT, DAO, DVD, and MMC

BTW, is your card a AIW w/the TV or not?