ATI Radeon 64MB DDR vs. Creative GeForce2 GTS 32MB

G

Does anyone have any idea which I should go for? I've read quite a lot of reviews and they seem to say different things (depending on the driver version!). I can get the Radeon for £150+VAT compared to the GTS for £180+VAT, so I'm currenlty leaning towards the Radeon!

Also if anyone know of any compatability problems with AMD Athlon 1GHz and/or Abit KT7A I'd be interested to hear of them!

Many thanks,

Alan

noko

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2001
It should work rather well together. I am awaiting for my Solteck KT133A board. I have a Radeon 64 ViVo Retail. Currently I am using a Classic Athlon on an Abit KA7, KX133 chipset. I now have stable operation with my old via combo but that wasn't so at first. The Radeon works well on the KT-133(A) and intell chipsets BX and after. I use both Win2K and WinMe in a dual boot setup. I use WinMe to play games and Win2k for everything else. Initially the speed difference in games between Win9x and W2k was great, now ATI has address W2k better and the difference is much more narrower but still there. All I can say it is an awesome card that keeps on surprising me in its quality and performance.

G

Yeah that's what I'm comparing not necessarily the Creative Card but, I'm trying to decide between the ATI Radeon 64MB and a card with GeForce2 GTS 32MB. I've seen the benchmarks here at tomshardware.com, but I'm looking for people that have used these card and just wondering how things went. I'm planning on teaming up the card I choose with a 1GHz. Athlon-C, Asus A7V133, and 256MB SDRAM. Anyone had any problems with the A7V133 and these cards? Thanks for any info.

Jacob

Tempus

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2001
Go for the GTS. I have the card and am in love with it. Never owned that radeon, but according to Tom's benchmarks, the GTS outdoes the Radeon 64MB DDR in almost every benchmark. I think its worth another 30.

- "That's no moon, it's Rambus!"

jclw

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
It depends what you are going to use it for, the GeForce may be a bit faster in games but the Radeon has other features like hardware DVD decoding.

- JW

TRENDING THREADS